University of Colorado Boulder Top Questions

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Carolyn

University of Colorado-Boulder is located in the ideal location in all of Colorado. Campus almost backs up into the Flatirons, but is still located just a half hour from the much more urban city of Denver, and about 45 minutes of Denver International Airport. CU is hands down the most beautiful campus I've ever seen. All of the academic buildings and dorms are made of Colorado sandstone, creating this uniform, compact campus, with the mountains as its backdrop. Hiking trails are a 5 minute drive from campus, bustling areas of downtown Boulder are within walking distance as well. Boulder is known for having the most astronauts and Nobel Peace prize graduates of any college in the world. It's also known for being a research school, with some of the top programs in the country. It is a leader in environmental protection and is considered by some as the "greenest" college campus in the country. Boulder is also located just a few hours from Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Beaver Creek, and Aspen - some of the best skiing and snowboarding locations in the world. CU-Boulder has about 25,000 undergraduate students and 5,000 graduate students. Our basketball team won the Pac-12 conference last year, and while our football hasn't been quite as successful, we are definitely a student body that likes to go out and support our athletic teams - especially those two sports. CU is a public school but has also been considered one of the nation's "public ivies", meaning it provides an ivy league experience at a public school price. Boulder also has a reputation for being a very fun, social school. Probably around 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the student body is greek, but there are both fraternity and sorority houses located on the Hill - the sloped residential area that leads up the base of the Flatirons where many students live off campus after their freshman year. The Hill is located directly across the street from campus and is also home to many restaurants, a few bars, and a small concert venue. CU-Boulder is an incredible school, that provides an academic and social experience that is hard to compare to, in an environment that's beauty is unparalleled.

CU is the perfect place. Absolutely anybody can find their "niche" here. We are a large university located a short 30 minutes from Denver, Colorado, nestled in Boulder, which is a very liberal, active, and beautiful place to live. Class sizes are large at the intro level, but as you progress they become smaller and smaller, giving the school a more "private" and "intimate" feel. On any given day there are concerts, speakers, parties, exhibits, and athletic activities to attend or participate in.