University of Colorado Colorado Springs Top Questions

Cory

My favorite class I ever took was about 15 students and the professor was so cool. She would talk to you about her personal experiences and tell you how she should have reacted but also how she actually reacted. For my classes class participation is very common, if you are quite in the class everyone will notice you probably more than if you ask questions and engage in the conversation. Some students are competitive but others are not, It really just depends, I never found this to be a problem. MY major is about 40 students and it is run by 2 professors. It is the best department in the world. I spend a lot of time outside of class with my professors, sometimes it is for help regarding the class but most of the time it is for pleasure.

Thorough variety for science, engineering, business and mathematics. Many other students in different studies have expressed similar satisfaction.

The academics at my school are challenging but there is always resources to use when you are strugling and for me i can honestly say i spend most of my time in our science center where they have free tutors there to help you with any questions.

Professors at UCCS are amazing. Not only do they know your name, but they make an effort to get to know you individually. My favorite class so far has been my Juvenile Justice class. In that class, I learned about the Juvenile Justice system and got to talk to many different Juvenile Justice personnel (Teen Court officials, Teen Court Judge, and a director of a Teen advocacy program). My least favorite class was astrology. I thought that would be a cool class. It was, but it was hard, which I wasn't expecting. When it comes to studying, I see a lot of students in the library at all times of the day and night. Not only the library is a good resource, but there are many other school resources to help you study as well. Class participation is almost required in most majors. I like that because I am a hands on learner. Before class, students usually talk about what assignments they finished or didn't do the night before and after class we will either talk about the rest of our day or talk about the material that we learned in class. The competitiveness at UCCS is about average for any university. The pre-med students are pretty competitiveness while the criminal justice majors need to stay on top of their work to stay within the program. The craziest class I've taken so far is when I was a Junior Teaching Assistant. I helped teach freshmen a course called "Crime and Punishment". As you can tell, I am a Criminal Justice major with a Health Science minor. I love both departments and would highly recommend them for someone who is interested in either pre-law or wanting to be in some type of field with sports. I have spent some time outside of class with some professors before; either on a committee or just hanging out grabbing some lunch. The overall academic requirements are set up for the student to succeed. The academic councilors really work with students on telling them on what they need to take, and what classes may interest them. UCCS academics set up their students for the future. UCCS has a really good job search program for graduating students so that students can get a job right out of graduation.

Professors at UCCS are amazing. Not only do they know your name, but they make an effort to get to know you individually. My favorite class so far has been my Juvenile Justice class. In that class, I learned about the Juvenile Justice system and got to talk to many different Juvenile Justice personnel (Teen Court officials, Teen Court Judge, and a director of a Teen advocacy program). My least favorite class was astrology. I thought that would be a cool class. It was, but it was hard, which I wasn't expecting. When it comes to studying, I see a lot of students in the library at all times of the day and night. Not only the library is a good resource, but there are many other school resources to help you study as well. Class participation is almost required in most majors. I like that because I am a hands on learner. Before class, students usually talk about what assignments they finished or didn't do the night before and after class we will either talk about the rest of our day or talk about the material that we learned in class. The competitiveness at UCCS is about average for any university. The pre-med students are pretty competitiveness while the criminal justice majors need to stay on top of their work to stay within the program. The craziest class I've taken so far is when I was a Junior Teaching Assistant. I helped teach freshmen a course called "Crime and Punishment". As you can tell, I am a Criminal Justice major with a Health Science minor. I love both departments and would highly recommend them for someone who is interested in either pre-law or wanting to be in some type of field with sports. I have spent some time outside of class with some professors before. Either on a committee or just hanging out grabbing some lunch. The overall academic requirements is set up for the student to succeed. The academic councilors really work with students on telling them on what they need to take, and what classes may interest them. UCCS academics sets up their students for the future. UCCS has a really good job search program for graduating students so that students can get a job right out of graduation.