University of Colorado Colorado Springs Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Colorado Colorado Springs

The University of Colorado Colorado Springs has many charming aspects to it. Like most places there are wonderful things about it and less pleasant aspects to it. The location, the view, and the people are the best parts of the school. There are many job opportunities presented from the university, which is how I met all of my friends. Professors are nice, friendly, and activity engage with students. While I had some struggles at this school, I would not change my experience.

Alexandra

It is an okay school. The campus is geared more for non-traditional and non-campus living students. Most students commute, leaving the parking situation difficult and poor at best. The teachers can be okay but it depends on the department. The largest problem is related to affordability and the help of the campus offices to make it easy. The financial aid and bursars offices leave a lot to be desired with little help from employees there. They often switch points of contact and answers are generally unclear. Overall, I don't hate the campus but there are more student friendly schools to look into.

Tessa-Mae

I enjoyed my time here at this school enough for me to pursue my masters here as well. I think the downfall of the campus is that it is really a commuter school. On campus living is average at best. The academics are average and the professors are meh. The students are are actually quite rude too and I never understood that, and I am an out-of-state student.

I can hardly express how much I love my University! The atmosphere is electric and there is so much to do on and off campus. I have not met a professor that I didn't like and the campus police really care about safety. The Theatre is probably my favorite thing about the campus.

Maria

Ultimately, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (or UCCS for short) will definitely get you to where you need to go. The newly revamped recreation center and soccer field/parking garage are very convenient and wonderful additions. The instructors definitely care about your education and are almost always available. Very rarely will you get a professor that simply dislikes their profession and their students. They will prepare you for the real world considering there are so many working adults and military professionals pursuing their degrees.

Anastazja

The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is an amazing school. It's not very big, but it isn't small either. It's big enough that you wont know everyone on campus, but its small enough that your teachers might see you outside of class and recognize you. Most of the professors are great and are really helpful.

Sork

I believe UCCS is an astounding campus for being in Colorado Springs. As a science/predental major, I find the science classes and science department to be very helpful and the best part of the campus. The other students that attend the school are wonderful as well as professors. Anytime of the day, there is an amazing view of the mountains and I find this school very life changing.

Kylie

I started at a community college and I am definitely happy with my choice to switch. At UCCS, I feel very involved in the culture that the school brings. I feel more on track with my academics at this school, and I enjoy being apart of the community.

Rebecca

This college is definitely not for you if you are looking for a super involved campus life, but other than that it's pretty good. Mostly the student body is comprised of commuter students and military folk, but it's great price-wise and has helpful staff.

Raegan

There is a great sense of community and involvement among the students, but when it comes to in-depth help and communication the university is a little lacking. Overall, it's a great school, but just like anywhere else there are pros and cons. The most inexpensive and easy way to improve the communication is through the mandatory orientation class UCCS already has in place for freshman and transfer students. If there were better resources presented there, then the students would be much more set for success.

Pedro

The University of Colorado at Colorado Spring being a midsize campus is ideal to meet and grow connections with fellow classmates and businesses. Though diversity is an area that requires improvement I can certainly say the rapid expansion of this campus will later attract talented and ambitious student to this scenic landscape.

Delacia

I love UCCS. It is such a great and beautiful school. Academically and extracurricular activities is what the school strives for. The staff and faculty do great with engaging with their students and care about the student's goals. The school is continuing to grow which makes the school open to everyone.

ISean'Dre'

My overall opinion on UCCS is good; I enjoy UCCS on an academic level so much so that I would not rather get a degree anywhere else. Campus life is also good which makes the overall experience so much more worthwhile. There are no real complaints about the university that I can think of in my opinion.

Melissa

The overall quality of the University is great. The teachers in my program were very knowledgable, and I had a great experience here. Some of the general courses outside of my program were a bit boring/a waste of time, but was overall pretty stellar. My biggest gripes were with the academic offices in charge of graduation requirements. I had met all of my requirements, signed the paperwork, and they forgot to include me on the list of graduates who were walking.

Agnes

The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs is predominantly a computer college. However, with the expansion of the student housing and the new ENT building on Nevada, our college is growing - fast. At around 12,000 students, total, our college feels like the perfect inbetween for size. We also have the unique Bachelor's of Innovation which is worth checking out.

Jalen

I grew up in ColoradoSprings, the University has grown so much and continues to grow. The administration is outstanding in putting the money toward things that the kids on campus needs. Colorado Springs is a great city to go to school in and the University is conviently located in a growing area in Colorado Springs. As far as class sizes it is very nice, we have the choice of being in a large general lecture or a smaller more teacher hands on class room environment. The facilities are amazing the library is open until 11:30 and they change there opening and closing times around finals week. Overall the campus is amazing, although we do not have football we have all the other sports and we are very supportive of our teams. I love the campus and wouldnt have picked anywhere else to go.

My experience at UCCS has been very similar to my undergraduate experience, even though I attended a small, private, liberal arts program in another state. These schools differ in size and demographic make-up, but the small, homey, easy-to-navigate environment remains the same. I found a community here as well as a challenging on-campus job which keeps me connected and invested in campus life. I would recommend UCCS to anyone who was looking for a challenging education at a public university that was affordable, but also student-focused and accessible to many.

Regan

I love UCCS. I have attended 4 schools in the state of Colorado, and UCCS' education was the best of them all. When compared to the other universities I attended- CSU and UNC, UCCS had the best professors and class sizes. The campus is gorgeous with the view of Pikes Peak from anywhere you stand. It is not necessarily a huge party school, which is something I really enjoyed. Although, there is the opportunity to party if you want to!

Georgianna

There is not much of a party life here, but the academics are great! There is a good teacher:student ratio and you really get to know your professors! Also, the campus is amazing! You never get tired of the mountains and there are so many cool things to do outside of class!

Paul

I love it here. Most people are incredibly nice and laid back, and the professors are incredibly friendly and intelligent. The environment is wonderful, there are always activities to participate in, and there's many places to participate in recreational activities. I love this university and I'm glad it was my final decision for a higher education.

Brianna

This school is as close to a family as you can get. Everybody knows everybody, and people are kind and concerned about your well-being. The teachers are intelligent, bright people who work with you to make sure that you're achieving your full potential. The students are determined, dedicated people, from all different walks of life (military, older students, parents, with a diverse population of cultures). I promise that if you come to UCCS, you'll find not only an excellent institution for your education, but you'll find community and belonging.

Indigo

UCCS was kinda a last resort for me as far as college goes because I’m from Colorado Springs. However, I’m very glad I ended up at this university. UCCS sits atop a hill in northern Colorado Springs and has beautiful views of Pikes Peak and the city. Everyone is so nice and they’re always willing to help. Professors, financial aid, and advisors are all interested in student success. There’s so many resources and you can always find free food and activities. The parking is a little bad but it’s like that at every college, plus there’s free lots with a consistent shuttle. The classes are small and engaging and the education program is one of the best in the state. Overall UCCS is a great place to be.

Savanna

I have found that the professors make this school great! They are kind and are always willing to help me out if I don’t understand anything. The class sizes for the most part are a good medium size. The base classes will have more people but I find those professors are the most kind. Unfortunately, this school is very spread out which I don’t like. Most college campuses are a conglomerate of building but UCCS is more of a line of buildings and depending on where your classes are, this can make it difficult to walk there.

Maria

I overall really enjoy the school. Entering my second semester there, I definitely will be attending more school activities since UCCS makes it so easy. The academics there are phenomenal and offer a challenge to me that I don't often see. The teachers are always willing to help and are always there for the students. The only dislike I have is the on campus living is very expensive.

Haley

UCCS has grown a lot over the past few years, but it still has a ways to go. The classes and teachers are good and I feel as though I am getting a satisfactory education. However, it is difficult to get involved and make friends. It is still a commuter college for most students, so the campus life is not very exciting. They are working to make that better. The facilities and mostly all new and very nice.

Erika A.

The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs is a great place for expanding your education. It has a very safe environment and many activities that students can participate in. When you visit this campus you are guaranteed to love this campus. Not only does it have amazing views, it also has fantastic diversity. Book your campus tour and you will see the amazing things it has to offer!

Janice

This is my first year and so far so good. I have found so much to do on campus! There are always activities to do. And the classes are great and they set you up for success. I am very grateful to attend this school. I look forward to my classes and activities!

Elie

It's fantastic school, and that everyone, no matter what their grades or GPA is should go because college should begin see students aren't numbers or paychecks but as the future and the gateway to changing the city, the state, the country and the world. I've had a hard first semester especially being the first ever child in my family to attend a major university. I've learned that perseverance is very important and self belief and confidence is key.

Samhyr-Olivier

Overall, I like the school. Most of the students are fine and the faculty is as well. It has a great location and decent transportation. There are many extra activities, and making one is not hard. Some of the professors do not teach, however, and that is an entire fiasco. Overall great school with some rough patches.

Mariah

My overall opinion is that it is an extremely great university that offers a numerous amount of opportunities for students to meet new people, join clubs, get a job, study in the tutor areas, and overall become a better student and adult. I have no complaints at with this university!

Natalie

UCCS has a rigorous curriculum that challenges students to excel and become independent and well prepared by the time you graduate. Tons of resources and help centers with tutors plus long library hours allow for group work and homework help when needed. Most teachers are very helpful and want you to do well. Lots of volunteer opportunities with the surrounding community and on campus. The recreation center is simply fantastic.

Jacob

Good selection of classes and clubs to attend. Dorms are decent size and food has that home cooked taste. Would like to see everyone get together more regardless of interests. Such as a dance or trivia night. Nice campus, spread out with easy access. Amazing view of America's mountain, the famous Pikes Peak!

Deidre

The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is an inspiring location for anyone, whether you're a student, a frequent visitor to the campus for other activities, or a part of the community that surrounds the campus. There is a variety of areas with beautiful views to relax between the times of the engaging courses the University has to offer. In these classes, students are always challenged to think differently and with new perspectives. Often you'll hear intellectual debates, conversations, and discoveries being made outside of the classroom, too. When you look around you'll see great diversity among the entire University population, from varying races and ethnicity, to perspectives and interests, even to different self-expression represented through style! The University offers many convenient locations on the campus to get to know these amazing people, too. Around the campus you will find study spots with mountain views, cozy coffee shops, and University clubs and activities with opportunities to engage with the interesting people you will meet. The professors across campus are excited to see the students succeed, they will challenge your perspective and abilities in a way that will change what you think you know. The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is the ideal campus for anyone who is excited to learn and explore new interests, meet amazing people, and find support and tools within the community to pursue a greater education.

Shimshon

Overall, I am satisfied with UCCS. The campus itself is beautiful, with new buildings and easy access to all parts of campus. The academics are challenging, and professors are always available if you need to talk to them. There are many opportunities everywhere.

Justine

It's a good school however there is no student life. It's mostly a commuter school. They're trying to change that but it isn't really working. When people are done with class they either wait for their next one or just go home for the day. The sport life sucks and I wish there were more team sports that students would go to and cheer. However the school is boring and I want the student life to grow.

Molly

UCCS is an up-and-coming, growing campus with a lot to offer. The administration is continually improving upon and adding new facilities. There is still a lot of room for improvement as far as new student experience (especially for transfers) but I believe that it is a campus who's staff genuinely care about the students.

alayshia

i absolutely love it here the teachers are amazing and all the students are friendly , its has a great view of the town , especially at night it is beautiful. the classes are mildly hard but they offer a lot of help when needed. the maker sure we feel comfortable and safe if needed they will have a police escort to escort you to your room. they are always to help you when they can.

Joe

I believe UCCS is a small but rapidly growing college campus. It has a fairly high acceptance rate of 92% and so the academics and student likemindedness is very diverse. It is definitely a place to go locally and get a bachelors degree, but probably not a place to get your masters or graduate degree. The teaching program is phenomenal, however, as they partner with the local high school and middle schools to give new teachers that on hands experience.

Daylin

When I first toured the campus, I fell in love. The school is on a hill as soon as you enter town and the view/backyard of UCCS is Pikes Peak. There are a lot of extra curricular activities on and off campus. Hiking at Garden of the Gods or the Manitou Incline. There are a lot of clubs to get involved in along with being able to make friends easier and having access to professors easier due to small class sizes.

Hanna

The university of CO Colorado Springs is growing substantially. People are coming from all over the country and even world to be at this school. The campus layout is easy to navigate, and the view is beautiful with Pikes Peak in the background. I am a transfer from USD in South Dakota and the amount of people is the same even though this is a D1 school. The people are nice, professors are knowledgeable, and there is ample resources for help in classes. Also, THIS SCHOOL IS SUPER AFFORDABLE!

This campus is made up of mostly commuter and non-traditional students who started after serving in the military. Most of us are from Colorado or nearby Texas. There definitely isn't a great campus life if that's what you're looking for and many of the groups on campus aren't really involved. Almost all of the administrators/advisors I've had to deal with have been very nice and willing to help. Student employees are hit or miss, and professors/instructors are a toss up depending on what department you're in. Overall, the university is far from being awful -- especially with such low tuition and fees -- but you're not going to have the college experience here that people talk about as the best four years of their lives.

Laura

When I first applied and found out I was accepted to go to UCCS, I wasn't immediately thrilled or awed. I viewed it as an average, mediocre school with a great view. How quickly my opinion of it changed! Within the welcome week for the freshman, so cleverly coined "Disorientation Week," I found myself surrounded by incredible people I still call close friends today and a part of a community that was incredible. I continue to love the school more and more and although I am unbelievably excited to graduate, I know I will miss UCCS and all of the incredible changes and transformations that are to come.

Ernesto

I love attending The University of Colorado Colorado Springs. From the moment I enrolled, all the staff has been there to guide me along my journey. I've never felt lost or helpless. My Academic Adviser has been extremely helpful. The teachers are great. They provide variety of food options. They provide activities such as frisbee and club baseball. The location of the school is good with shops and outdoor activities such as hiking all around.

Kristen

UCCS was the best university I could have asked for as a commuter student. Class sizes were always reasonable. As a nursing student, the professors were always available and went above and beyond for their students. There is plenty of places for extra help and the library is great for studying. I only wish the university, specifically the nursing school, had given more advising about what to expect after graduation.

Ashlie

As a senior, I've seen the school grow since my freshman year. It is super awesome seeing all the groups grow and teachers work to help the students. Like any other school it is still working out its problems but it is great! I love this school a lot and encourage people to get connected! The community is great and I love the school!

Shayna

It's a good school. Definitely has some things that aren't up to par, like some of the professors, but overall a good commuting school. Although since the university is increasing in size, tuition is rising. They are building new buildings and are wanting to be more focused on sports, so I feel like the money I am paying isn't going to my education.

Jocelyn

University of Colorado at Colorado Springs is a newer school, that continues to grow. The university continues to add more programs to allow a better experience. With housing, clubs, extracurricular activities, it allows for a better on campus life that many enjoy. I am thankful to be apart of this amazing university.

I like the campus so far. Each of the teachers are accessible for any questions I have, anytime they are, or when I don't want to get help from them I can head over to study centers that are really helpful. The big downside is the parking however, even that can be overlooked for the wonderful hours the library on campus keeps.

cieara

i love the campus and feel its the best. Idk why i am reviewing this school when i dont even go there but i would love too. I vistited it and am gladly honnored to visit it. College is soon to come and im not ready but i must go, for the sake of my family andmy future.

Tyler

The campus is amazing, but school spirit is lacking. Most of the professors are great, but it is not always academically challenging. Tuition is not huge when compared to other universities, but there is not a lot of scholarships to be found through the university unless you have financial need.