University of Delaware Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Chelsea

Most of my professors are very helpful, welcoming, passionate about what they teach, and have a lot of energy. I have been able to have a professor remember my name in a class of 150 students and another professor provided a recommendation letter from a class of 20. One of my classes this semester has 6 students, so we all know the professor well and are able to talk with her about her experiences in the field of the discipline. On the other hand, my math professor is never available for questions/answers, is very dull, and you can tell he is not thrilled to be teaching us. It really all depends on the size of your class, what the subject is on, and what time of the day it is. For the most part, the professor at UD are great and have a lot of education and experience behind them.

My professors vary greatly with the different subjects I am taking. I am a Marketing major but I am taking a lot of pre-requisets and university requirements. I have found that a majority of the math professors here are from other countries, which sometimes makes class hard to understand. The teachers I've had in the business school so far have been great. For the classes I need for my major, I have gotten to know some of my professors and regularly go to office hours. For the other classes, I am in lecture halls and do not know the professors. All professors here have to have office hours so they are assessable to their students and I have found that they are always there to help me when I need it.