University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

I brag the most about the nonacademic education I received at University of Delaware. Because the school is so large, I was able to partake it various activities. I took ballet and ballroom dance lessons; I was extremely active in Greek life; I watched the school play every year and attended many concerts of various UD bands and orchestras. I volunteered and participated in many community service endeavors with several UD organizations: soup kitchens, fundraisers, walks etc. I also worked in the Office for Annual Giving, raising money for the school. This was a large, important part of my education.

I definitely brag the most about how the academics at the University of Delaware are legitimate and serious compared to some other colleges. Considering how research based this institution is, everything that is done both in and out of the classroom in regards to academics poses a challenge to students in every field. Everything is not given to us; we must go and explore to find an answer. As a result, to excel academically in classes places a person a step above those who attend a school of lower academic values. UD compromises of intelligent people.

UD is an exciting place with a beautiful campus, innumerable opportunities for involvement in student life, and a great curriculum. Being surrounded by the University’s rich history and the vigorous intellectual life at UD makes me feel like a part of something bigger. I am thrilled to be a part of an excellent engineering program with numerous opportunities to minor, do research, and be involved in hands-on learning. Although this is my first semester, I already feel like I have a family within my department.

The campus is beautiful and centralized in the town of Newark, DE. There are a lot of restaurants and shops downtown to socialize with friends or grab a bite to eat between classes. The library is a great place to study and the whole campus is WIFI capable. My sorority is the best and helps me as a commuter student to feel connected to campus. My History Education major is challenging, but I have learned to balance my social life with my academics, so I am happy with my classes and professors.

I brag about the atmosphere at UD. The location is a campus and a town at the same time; it is a perfect combination without being too big to not feel involved or too small to feel crammed. Also, there is such a great combination of diverse students, either from in state, out of state, or out of country! I have met so many diverse students, including my roomate who's from Italy. The atmosphere that is created from its location and its mix of people is overall pleasurable.

Mainly, I brag about how clean the campus is, how fun the weekends are, and how the classes are challenging, but if you show an honest effort and try your hardest, improvements are realized by the professors. Delaware offers a range of class sizes, something my friend's colleges are often lacking, and it is easy to make fast friends with the other students. The atmosphere on campus is positive, even during final exam week, which is a hard feat to accomplish.

When I tell my friends and family about my school, I love to tell them how beautiful the campus and surrounding area are. The University of Delaware is a hybrid school of sorts. That is, it gets its funding from alumini and from the local state government. Because of this, a lot of the money is put into the beautifucation of the school, its buildings, and school supplies. There are also many state parks in the area that are extremely beautiful.

It's hard to pick just one thing to brag about. The University of Delaware has so much to offer - from Greek life, to performing arts groups, as well as almost any academic major you could think of. School spirit is pretty big, and a great way to show support for UD. The campus is gorgeous, and the Green is the perfect place to lay out on a nice day. The professors are helpful, and challenge students in a positive way.

I brag about how academically challenging my school is. My mom and I love to tell people where I attend school because of how well known my school is. My friend?s always ask how work is and how professors teach compared to other school. I feel very honored to attend the University of Delaware because it is a very regional accredited school with 97 percent of its graduate?s landing a job within 6 months of graduation

What I love the most about my University is that all classes are within walking distance. It will never take you more than 10 minutes to walk across campus. I also like the fact that you do not have to participate in Greek life in order to make friends or go to parties. Even though this school if fairly big, you can make it as small as you like, and see friends daily.