University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

I wish I knew how much of a focus there would be on alcohol on the weekends. As someone who is permanently on medication, I cannot drink. So this makes my weekends less than fun when compared with my friends. I'm perpetually the "sober" guy, and I feel left out of the fun on a lot of Friday and Saturday (and yes, sometimes Thursday) nights. It's really not that big of a deal, it would've just been nice to know in advance.

I wish I knew that people left for the weekend and went home. My first semester was very lonely because I was not prepared for that. People went to college with their high school friends and seemed to be very insular in terms of thinking about making new friends. I did join a sorority and instantly had a bunch of friends so that was a good experience for me and made all the difference in terms of having a social life.

I wish I had known how horrible the parking situation is at UD. Everything depends on how many credits you have. Underclassmen are royally screwed over if they plan to have their car on campus, and the buses are unreliable. 6 of them will come all at once and then you may not see one for over a half hour. Also, each bus travels a different route, so you may have to take 3 buses to get where you need to be.

Before attending college I wish I knew what the stress level would be like. Being in college especially the University of Delaware caused an enormous amount of stress. I felt everyday I had no time to do anything i spent many nights awake until 3 or 4 in the morning doing homework or studying for an exam. If i knew college was going to be so stressful I definitely would have found a better way to mange my time

This school has a great campus and many available resources to help with your studies. Some professors are easier to approach than others but in the long run they are there to help, take advantage of that! I came out of high school not prepared to have someone to ask you if you need help, you need to put 100% into your work and become active in study programs or groups of students from your major.

I'm attending a satelliute campus, and I wish someone would have told me that campus offers basically classes for only English majors and Criminal Justice majors. Becaues I am a chemistry major, if i continue to attend the University of Delaware, I will be 3 seme4sters behind, even though I have been attending college full time for 4 semesters. I just wasted 2 years of my life.

I wish that someone would have told me how critical it is so socialize with peers in your dorm. Of course you will meet new friends in classes and extracurricular activities, but it is a different bond with the people you live with. I did not emphasize those relationships my first semester of Freshman year and am now trying to strengthen new bonds.

I wish I had known how difficult it was to obtain financial aid. The University of Delaware puts alot of emphasis on 'financial need' in terms of who looks like they have need on paper as opposed to individual situations. It is difficult to get financial aid or scholarship from the school as a whole; most scholarship comes from outside aid.

I wish that I had known how independent I had to become in order to succeed. When it came to receiving finanical aid, paying bills, and getting other things that I need, I was rthe one responsible for ensuring that it get done. It is a huge transition from high school to college and you mature and gain independency very quickly.

Which courses were necessary, which were really just a waste of time. The type of students that go here - what people do in their free time. What the dining hall food was really like (terrible). That certain teachers / classes are just ones you have to deal with until you're done the semester. the demands of certain clubs