University of Evansville

« See more reviews of University of Evansville

Before attending the University of Evansville, I wish I would have known how important it is to be involved at school. Almost all of the students attending UE are involved in Greek Life, clubs, organizations, etc. Being involved opens up many doors: from developing lifelong relationships to building self esteem. The possibilities are endless. I also wish I would have known that it's okay to be yourself and put yourself "out there". Unlike high school, you must be your true self at college to gain a great college experience. I havce found this at the University of Evansville.

I wish I had known how to be a more confident person so that I would not have wasted time meeting new people once I arrived at college. Being in a new environment and not knowing anyone is scary, but the moment I began meeting people I remembered why I had worked so hard to be able to attend the college of my choice. In high school, I wish I had known that college is the perfect time for acquiring new friendships with people who care greatly about their communities and world.

There is nothing that I wish I had known before coming to this school because they explained everything thoroughly. I was not surprised by anything when I arrrived in August to start my freshman year. Campus tours as well as something called road trip that we have for prospective students are extrememly helpful with providing information. Prospective students though need to ask questions about the school and their education if they are truly intersested.

Before attending the University of Evansville, I wish I would have known exactly what I wanted to major in. At a small school, such as mine, it is difficult to complete your educational track in just 4 years if you are not exactly positive of what you want to do. Classes generally meet at one time during the day; therefore there is never much flexibility in the class schedule.

I wish that I had been given some warning that there would be no grace period for new students. I understood that college classes required more work to be done, but we were given an extremely large amount of work right at the start. It would have been easier if I had been given time to adjust to college before so much work was given out.

I wish that I had known I couldn't afford this school. Even with the amazing scholorships they gave me, this school is just expensive. If I had known before hand that I was going to fall in love with this school, I would have found a way to save up more money and to pay off the interest on my loans while I was here.

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known that it did not offer a huge variety of classes that are needed for my major. In fact (as an International Studies major) it is actually necessary for me to study abroad in order to fufill my upper division, specialized, class requirements.

I wish I had known that the classes would be significantly more difficult than high school ones, that it was perfectly okay to have no idea what I wanted to major in, and that the professors are very intelligent and supportive of their students.

I wish that I had known how rigorous the coursework is at the University of Evansville. The professors are willing to help, but you have to be willing to put in the hard work and time in order to get a good grade.

I wish I would have known what I wanted to do when I graduated, whether it be a particular graduate school or a job at a particular company. This knowledge would have made choosing electives much easier.