University of Evansville Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Evansville

Macy

I really like U of E, especially the business school where they really go above and beyond to help you now in order to get the future job that you want. Of course, there are some problems, like the food isn't the best and some of the housing can have minor issues, but overall, I am glad I chose to go here. The professors I have had so far have almost all been great and willing to help, and my classes have been interesting.

Cayce

The University of Evansville is quite literally a fantastic and inspirational school. Their commitment to an education that is founded on the values of diversity, both of student body and experience is both awe-inspiring and motivating. As a future nurse, I am committed to a life of service and helping people around the globe. The academic rigor of the University of Evansville combined with their commitment to providing students with challenging, life-changing experiences has made the University of Evansville a standout college and my top choice.

Sierra

An excellent school, great staff, subpar food, but wonderful opportunities and great theatre. I love the student atmosphere and the way that the student population stays politically active and cares about their education. The staff is always accessible and wants students to succeed.

Brenna

I love the University of Evansville. It is a very great school. There is always help available if you need it. It has small class sizes which are very great, professors know you by name and are always willing to help you. You have to work to succeed and that is what everyone wants for you at this school.

Baleigh

I'm in love with the University of Evansville, since my first visit I knew it was where I belonged. I've met so many wonderful people and have been given so many opportunities inside and outside of the classroom to learn and grow as a person. I couldn't have picked a better school. Small schools aren't for everyone, but if they're your cup of tea, UE can't be beat.

Lindsey

I love UE. After transferring here from another university, I have finally found the college environment that I always dreamt of being a part of. The environment at this school is one that is centered on community and helping each other achieve our goals. Everyone is so supportive and professors truly want you to succeed.

Dallas

The University of Evansville is for anyone looking for a personal environment where they can grow as a person and a student. Current students are a tightly knit group and social life and academics are easily balanced because of this. UE offers amazing, once-in-a-lifetime extracurricular opportunities that look great on resumes. It also has the hands-down best study abroad program in the country.

Jayda

This is a very nice, small school. People are friendly and welcoming. It has smaller class sizes and feels like a safe, easy to navigate campus. I am looking forward to attending school there in upcoming fall semester

Bailey

I have felt welcomed into the University of Evansville family since day 1. I never go a day without walking on campus and seeing a smiling face, even if I do not know the person. The small class size allows me to feel more connected to my studies and my teachers. I can feel my success growing alongside the never ending connections I have made at this school.

Abigail

I really like the University of Evansville. The people are very funny, and the teachers are very willing to help. Class size is small which allows for a closer connected class. The school has a lot of opportunities to get involved around campus and the community. I have always felt safe while on campus.

Serenity

Fantastic school. I stay in Hughes Hall, which can be warm because there's no air conditioning, but it is still a fantastic place to live. The community at UE is very safe and accessible. The theatre department is incredible, with tons of opportunities and awesome professors. Class sizes are small (usually under 20) and professors are accessible with tons of office hours and typically email back within two days. The food is pretty good and there's a variety in the cafeteria. The surrounding town isn't huge, but it has the stores needed and there's a mall fairly close by. Lots of Greek life, lots of volunteering opportunities, and tons of clubs and orgs. A very small school, but a great community to be a part of.

It is a high quality school that any student should be proud to attend. The on campus facilities are good and the general campus atmosphere is friendly- people are always willing to stop and talk to anyone else. Class sizes are small (so is the university) but I consider that part of UE's charm.

Shawn

The university was a large change from my high school, and it took a lot of time to adjust to it. There were a lot of people who were happy to help me around, like old friends from high school and current students. A big problem of the school is the food. Sodexxo is the food provider, and they are rather awful about it. The food will generally make you feel ill a day or two later. The class sizes are small enough to feel helpful, and I've never felt like the teachers are unreachable. Fraternity life on the campus is booming and I love it

Kimberly

I believe that the University of Evansville has opened up doors for me that I never imagined in my lifetime. They are known for their accessibility to resources and making sure every student is obtaining everything they've wished for in a college. I would highly recommend this college to anyone looking for a family like community in their college education.

Ayrlia

The University of Evansville is fantastic. The professors are extremely knowledgeable in their respected fields of study and they truly care about the success of students. The student interaction is always positive and because it is a small school, everybody always says hi to each other while walking across campus. I could not ask for a better university to attend as an undergrad.

Juliette

The University of Evansville offers students an intimate university vibe while still providing a quality education. Professors are friendly and readily available to help you with your work, and class size allows for lively discussion and attention from the teacher.

Anthony

I feet that the University of Evansville does a good job on creating well rounded individuals that can excel both in and out of the classroom. They do this by requiring students to classes in all disciplines and greatly encouraging students to join a variety of organizations on campus.

Patricia

Academics are great here and if that’s all you care about, you’ll love it here. Professors are at your disposal and always willing to help in any way that they can. This along with other resources found on campus your success is directly correlated to how much effort you put it. Diversity lacks but for the most part people are friendly. Get involved and you’ll be just fine!

Grace

I am currently a Junior Music Therapy major. while the music program is amazing, the president of UE is usually more concerned with the athletic department so they receive most of the funding. The top departments are the theatre and music department and they are often overlooked. the program is extremely challenging but students often learn more than expected and grow as adults and leaders.

Willem

I'm transferring out my Jr year. This school feels like it just wants my money. The school is also untransparent about their fiscal spending, how our tuition spent, and how much debt we're in as a school. There have been drastic cuts to many programs not limited too: Theater, Tennis, Music, Radio. It feels like the only program that matters at our university is our STEM fields and business program. My professors are also very difficult to work with because I have dyslexia and ADD. In fact, professors have talked behind my back claiming I'm lazy and unintelligent. I don't feel like my professors want me to succeed. Our school is also in a very inconvenient location in Evansville, which is already an unmoving part of America. Transportation is really bad here unless you have a car. The extracurricular activities at our school are also very limited. There isn't a strong student union to provide for clubs or rec-sports. Honestly, I've been let down by the school. I don't appreciate how cheated I feel for coming here. The cost of this school is more than its worth. College is a time to expand one's interests and mind. The University of Evansville has made me feel trapped and stuck in a subject I enjoy. Bye, bye Evansville.

Alexa

I love the University. The campus is beautiful and the people are so warm and welcoming. The class sizes are amazing and academics are stunning, There are so many amazing opportunities at this college. Not only are the academics amazing, but there are so many extra activities to be involved in!

Audrey

The University of Evansville is a small, but beautiful campus located in Southern Indiana. There is always something to do on campus, from events arranged by the Students Activities Board, to Resident Hall Events, there is always a study break activity to be found. The University has a beautiful campus with many outdoor areas that students take advantage of to study. We have a campus-wide recycling program and all our buildings are kept clean. It is a very comfortable atmosphere, but academics are placed on high priority.

Emma

I love my school, but there is some room for improvement. The bigest thing that I would change is the food, I have had some good meals, but most of the time is is just okay or worse. On a more positive note, I have made some amazing friends and had wonderful experiences that I could not get anywhere else. The teachers are great, they are helpful and always available. I love how small the class sizes are it allows me to get to know my classmates and teachers better, and creates interesting discussions everyone can participate in. The people are by far the best part of the University of Evansville. They are kind and look out for each other.

Brianna

I am currently living at home, because campus housing is too expensive for me, but I know people who say that the dorms are not their favorite part of the university. I've been in some of the dorms, and I would not say that they are horrible, but they are not five-star either! Also because I live at home, I do not eat in the dining hall, but there are many students on campus who say the food is either too plain or too spicy. However, there is a Chick-Fil-A and a Starbucks on campus, so a lot of people eat at these places (I love having a Starbucks right on campus!). There are also many restaurants close to campus and a gas station right across the street, which is very convenient. Not all of our campus facilities are the newest ever to be seen, but they serve their purpose, and the university is currently working on refurbishing or replacing some of them. One thing I love about the University of Evansville is the small class sizes (sometimes only 12 people!), and the fact that almost all of the professors know your name. You are not just another person sitting in a giant lecture hall. I also appreciate the fact that there are so many different classes to choose from, not only within my major, but also for my core classes. There are so many extracurriculars on campus, from the Bass Fishing Club to the Student Government to intramural sports. I personally have played intramural basketball, and I met so many new people and had a great time! My overall opinion of the University of Evansville is that it is an excellent school, especially for students in the performing arts like me, and I would recommend it to anyone searching for a distinguished university with many opportunities.

Rebekah

I love University of Evansville. Evansville is a huge city but all the noise and people are quieted and homey on campus. All the students and professors are really friendly and helpful. I miss things at home at times but the campus makes me feel like I am at my second home.