University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

My school is best known for football and the prestige of the campus. Football is a huge deal on and off campus around the area, and I really felt that when I first set foot at "The Swamp." I felt the energy and the unity that the fans felt as they cheered together. We're also famous for the incredible programs provided at UF. There isn't one person that hasn't found their muse on campus, we are a very tight knit and studious community.

Well the obvious answer would be Gator Football. But as I am not terribly interested in the football program, I would venture that University of Florida is known for its amazing research opportunities, especially those at Shand's Medical Center. Shand's seems to be ever expanding and is always willing to take on students for volunteer opportunities. UF has an expansive research and internship program for most of its majors.

UF is a great school for engineering , sciences, medicine and research. They are very competitive and select high achievers who will continue to produce great results throughout their career. They also have a great athletic department and provide a great social network, community service opportunities, and just about any type of interaction you can think of. It is a a fantastic place to further your education.

The University of Florida is know for many good things. However, I feel as if the predominant reputation of the University of Florida revolves around its athletic department. Specificaly the football department. This ofcourse stems from the fact that the Univerisity of Florida is the two time national champions. Nevertheless, this achievement I feel dwarfs the other note worthy traits of this school.

Athletics, as well as its medical and Architectural degree programs. In addition to these nationally acclaimed programs our school supports countless other degree programs, ranging from Engineering to Pre-Law. The University of Florida prides itself on its award winning sports programs and academic programs in which very few other schools within the state of Florida can denounce.

My school is probably best known for its football team, the Florida Gators, and for the production of Gatorade. We are also academically known to have a very good school for medicine and a law school. And, of course, our Greek scene is pretty large and well-known. Most of the extra-curricular activities at the University of Florida have to do with sororities and fraternities.

My school is best known for research, which is a catch-22 because the extreme emphasis on scientific research comes at the expense of teaching and teacher-student involvement. Many professors are pressured to conduct research and publish their findings in order to secure tenure, but this hinders their ability/ restricts their time for effective teaching.

UF is best known for our elite athletic program. The Gator sports teams are consistently elite in every sport. Academically, UF has one of the top journalism schools in the nation, as well as a powerhouse engineering program. We have also garnered a bit of a reputation as a party school. Thats only true if that is something that one is looking for.

It is best known for its graduates. Once you receive that University of Florida diploma you automatically have an edge in a very competitive work force. Being a Florida Gator makes you a leader in whatever you endeavor for the rest of your life. Many students that have attended University of Florida go on to do incredible things for society.

The University of Florida is best known for its high competitive academics, football, and partying. We are the home of the Florida Gators and our campus and student life really goes out to balance our education with a social life. All work and no play can become very stressful, but at UF we value our books and fun as well!