University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Tell us about your professors.

Professors at UF are the types of professors that do not care that your wifi went out while you were in the middle of their online quiz and that's why you did so poorly. They cannot be bothered with any of your problems and usually will tell you this to your face. Most professors are teaching at UF because the school is giving them money for their own research projects, thus the reason why they really don't care about you. You may end up with a really nice, personable, willing to help you professor but you usually find it in the smaller classes. Do not walk into a 300 person lecture hall thinking that your professor will be able to recognize you when you seem the hurriedly running through Turlington.

The professors at UF are pretty awesome, and they're funny! I did not expect them to have such a great sense of humor as an incoming freshman. Like I've said before, they are all very passionate about their jobs and what they do. They make classes so much more interesting, and you learn a lot in a short amount of time. Some professors use PowerPoint for lectures, but some don't, so taking notes can be important. As long as you go to class, pay attention, and take advantage of professors' office hours, you will be just fine. They are there to help you, not hinder you.

The professors here are very nice and willing to help. If you put in effort to get help, they will put in the effort to help you. It is a two way street and once you show them that you are a dedicated student they will be a dedicated teacher.

I love every single one of my professors. They all seem to really understand their students, and if you take the time to get to know them and go to their office hours, they appreciate you a lot. They all explain things very clearly and have great senses of humor. I was really pleasantly surprised with how great my professors were. I expected them to not really care about the students and just look at each of them as a number. That is not the case at all.

Most of the professors are quirky and funny. For instance, I have one teacher obsessed with hawaiian shirts, and another who dresses up in costumes every time he lectures and puts on funny voices.