University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

I'm a huge fan of going to the library to get work done and UF has some great libraries. The most popular one is Library West, open 24 hours 5 days a week and also has a really convenient Starbucks on the first floor. Marston is another huge library but it's less popular and a lot older looking. Both of these libraries are located in the center of campus. My favorite library is the Law Library because it's completely silent and really new and nicely furnished. It's further away though, located on frat row.

The dorms tend to be somewhat noisy, so unless you're a person who can take that while doing work, try a library. Library West is a really nice place with a Starbucks, and as you go up in levels, it gets quieter. Marsten Science Library is also like this with a quiet study level and a group study level. There is a total of 9 libraries on campus, so you can get a lot of work done in a lot of places. Reitz Union is always available, and there is also a study room on the second floor of this building.

I really like Library West to study. There are 6 floors and every floor you go up gets quieter and quieter. That way, you can study with whatever level of distractions you want. There are libraries for every college on campus also but Library West has much better resources and there are always people you know there also. Thats why lots of people call it "Club West".

If you can't work at home or in your dorm there are several libraries that are very quiet and open for most or all of the day. The Reitz Union is a convenient place to meet and do group assignments. If you live on campus, many dorms have a small study room or area.

We have a bunch of libraries on UF's campus, and Library West is open 24/5. There's also a bunch of study rooms in buildings around campus.

Personally I love to do my work at Library West. This library is often quieter than Marston Library, and if I start to slack off I remember where I am and it motivates me to get back to work. The library even has a Starbucks on the ground floor so if you need a break or a cafine fix it is there for you.