University of Georgia Top Questions

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Ha

If you like to drink and go out, downtown bars are THE place to go. There's also 59 fraternities and sororities at UGA, and at least 2 or 3 fraternities will have a party on the weekends. There are movies and shows at places like the Georgia Theater for those that don't drink, but much fewer options to do on the weekends.

Wendell

Hmmm....the social scene in general is pretty positive. The best part I will say, is that we know how to party. And most of the times, that's without the alcohol! One of my favorite social scenes with UGA is the monthly Dawgs After Dark events. These events occur from 10p-2am on Friday nights, once a month, to give students an alternative option to going downtown to hit up bars. They have everything from, bumper cars to obstacle courses, free food to free artwork...it's all so amazing. The one thing that I will say is that our social scene has a big stigma of being ALL ABOUT ALCOHOL. I'm here to tell you there are great things to do like Dawgs After Dark or concerts around the Downtown Athens area, that are great alternatives to drinking. We're high on the list for that, but your social scene doesn't have to revolve around it.