University of Hawaii at Hilo

« See more reviews of University of Hawaii at Hilo

The best part about UH-Hilo were the individual teachers whose passion was so inspiring. There is a feeling, because of the idea of island lifestyle and the potential romanticization of Hawaiian living, that a small town island University will be academically stagnant, or that their are too many distractions. Amazing professors choose Hilo as there home because of the healthy lifestyle. I have studied at many institutions, and the teachers here were the most charismatic and challenging.

The best thing about my school are the teachers. Since each class is smaller than an average university, I have a better chance to get to know the teacher and a better chance for the teacher to get to know me. I also have the opportunity to ask the teacher questions and because of my concerns, the teacher will understand that I am coming to them because I need help and that I am making an effort. They will notice that I am taking the time to learn and they'll reconize me more.

The best thing about this school is that it is in Hawaii I am completely separated from the world when I need to be. A thousand miles of water in every direction. But I still have everything I need for school for life for anything available at my fingertips.

Small class sizes provide more intimate feel. Because of small classes, I can speak with my professors at any time and receive extra help. There are many opportunities to get involved with student activities and government.

Personally I feel the best thing about my school is the location. The weather is almost always perfect. No freezing cold snow or no harsh heat. This wonderful weather let's students enjoy the beauty of the island.

The diversity amongst students, the low faculty to student ratio. The availability of the professors and the school's strides to advance as a center of education.

That it's the most ethnically diverse in the country.