University of Maryland-Baltimore County

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-Baltimore County

I wish I had known how to study. In high school I didn't really learn how and now it is hurting me. I also need to learn to stay focused--papers aren't easy to write if you get distracted by silence, by noise, by conversations--by anything.

I wish I would have known how challenging it was. Since its a local school, very close to my high school, I thought I was familiar with the academic demands. Also I never took a school tour, so I was unknowing of how the school was set up.

How much harder the course work is in college then highschool. You have to study a completly different way, you have to focus harder and it is not about memorizing facts but truly learning and understanding everything.

I wish that I had known some of the professors and additional career/graduate school resources before coming to this school. I also wish I had had more knowledge in scholarships available to students.

I wish that I had realized just how much freedom you have in college. From classes to extracurriculars to even dining choices, there are so many choices that being unprepared for them is overwhelming.

I wished I would have known more about the Honors Program because it is such a great opportunity. I also wished I would have known about more scholarships open to new transfer students.

I wish someone had told me to do what i want to do and not what is easier because anything you want to do is possible and everyone will help you achieve what you want to.

It is much different from a two year community college. The transition was difficult for me so I wish that I had known more so where to go for help.

How hard it could be to have a social life on campus unless you are willing to get out there and find things that you like to do.

What i would wish i had know before attending this school would be which professors to take, and which to avoid.