Boston, MA
University of Massachusetts-Boston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Boston

Jenny

My classmates are competent and willing to learn new things.

My classmates are competent and willing to learn new things.

If I could go back, what I would say to myself when I was a senior in high school is that I am proud of the decisions I've made. The process of applying to colleges was overwhelming (Common App, FAFSA, essay questions), but it was worth it. I am proud of the college that I am currently attending. Knowing that two years had flew by fairly quick is a wonderful experience. I've made new friends, became close to my professors, the diversity of the university, a lot of fun activities happening on campus is something I will not take back. Each student on this campus has been engaged with the school and the clubs have brought each student together. I am proud that I attended a higher education and know what I wanted to study. I am also proud that I got into the program I wanted which brought me one step closer to my goals which is to become a Physician's Assistant. If I look back at myself when I was a young eighteen year-old girl, I would say, I've come so far and I'm one step closer to my goals.

Anyone with a different race or religion is welcomed to attend this school. Since this school is very diverse, every student is treated with respect.

Dorcas

I would tell the high school me, to question authority because adults are not always right. To the teacher who laughed at me and said that in order to go to college one would have to have parents with money and a single mother on welfare won't cut it; I would tell her she is a sad excuse for a motivator and that dreams do come true when you work towards them. I would also tell her that nothing is impossible with God. I would tell me to concentrate on graduating with honors although my mother never had any real expectations of me nor did she project any. I guess it is hard to project what she herself did not accomplish. I would tell the younger me to pray against the odds and let God even all scores. I would tell the younger me to enroll in college and figure out the system. Had I known then what I know now, I could have possibly inspired other family members my age to attend college. If I had known then what I know now, my entire family would have experienced change on a generational level.

A place where they give you tips and tricks to gain an edge regardless of it's status of public or private institution.

With everything that had gone on within my last year of high school I would have to say "Prepare for the classes you'll be taking a semester ahead." This may sound odd to many and maybe unnecassary but a lot of students including myself struggle to keep work and school at an equal stance. Meaning that I need to figure out a juggling act and it's difficult when you go to school and work full time. Secondary advice would be experiement with how to study because my first year in college was tough to figure out how I study and can stay still for more than an hour. Go places, see things, check out what works best for you with how you study. I know with how I currently study, it may be bizaar but it works. Thirdly, try studying and working on homework in places that aren't at home. I say this because everything is at your finger tips at home where you are comfortable. Make an effor to go somewhere where you can master the art of studying regardless of how distracted you may get.

Those whom should attend University of MA Boston should be well prepared time wise, be able to meet the challenges of being a commuter school and, finally, motivated to get up to do something different everyday. This could be a change in lunch, hanging out with different people or talking to someone you didn't know five minutes ago. This is due to the fact there are no dorms and being social is 100 percent on the student, therefore the student or person wanting or considering being there should be prepared for a lot of conversation.

Yeide

If I could go back in time and tell myself as a high school senior, it would be to be passionate about school. High school is so much easier, college you need to be passionate to go and learn. I would also tell myself to enjoy it, and meet people. I have met really interesting teachers that have guided me to the path that I want to take. I would tell myself to listen to others. College is about independence, but I would tell myself to not get carried away. Most important, I would advise myself to focus on what I want, nursing, and to not let any distractions get me to take a different path.

The University of Massachusetts Boston is a diverse college campus that truly provides and cares for it' students' personal and academic success.

I wish I knew in high school that sometimes when you plan and map out the way your life is supposed to go, it doesn't always happen the way you pictured. When I was a high school senior I set my sights on getting my bachelors degree in nursing at Fitchburg State University. I was devastated when financial and academic problems prevented me from fulfilling this dream. I thought I would never achieve my goals or be as happy as I once was at FSU. Three years later, I am enrolled in health science at UMass Boston and pursing a career in physical therapy. I am twice as happy as I was at FSU and determined to make this dream come true. I wish I knew that my inability to fulfill my original goal was not actually a failure, but a learning process that brought me to where I am today.

I wish I had known what a great school UMass Boston was before I came here because I would have enrolled here my freshman year year of college as opposed to transferring my junior year.

Conor

variety of ethnic groups, mostly commuters from Boston with only a few that live next to campus on the housing program.

I got a full scholarship to a State School, but its hard to transfer and to keep up the gpa with bad professors at the state school. I would have been better off to take colleges that had my major and offered a large scholarship but not a full scholarship. In fact with the financial aid which doesn't come till after your accepted I would have been paying way less than what is in the offer letter. It would have been more managable and I would have ended up learning more , taking the courses I needed instead of trying courses to bring up gpa again due to bad Professors and trying to get better lecturers in subjects I don't need ening up paying money on courses I don't need because the lectures at the schoool are not good in my major but are good professors in other subjects. Check schools with majors for you and use Rate my Professor.com for your major . On transerrring you get way LESS scholarship unless you have a high GPA , which is hard when you have bad professors teaching and the tests relect nothing that you have done in the class.

biomajors , nursing program is good. General Education programs to get those out of the way are good. Commuting students although the housing closeby are nicer than most dorms.

Kandus

Traveling back in time to visit myself as a high school senior, I would have so much advise to give! First thing I would have to advise myself to stay the course and continue with school, the knowledge that you possess right out of high school does dim as the years go by. There would also have to be great advise about the different programs and organizations that can help boost your education giving a massive advantage to an awarding education. And one that could create a great future.

Axel

Hello, young human male. First of all, financial aid. Watch as many of your friends in college take out two student loans, buy guitars, and then forget about school. Take note of this, as it will help in your academic success. I don't mean to tell you to take mirth in others financial irresponsibility. Just take note of it. Furthermore, stick to one thing and get a degree. It does not matter whether you like it or not, a degree is a degree and you can always go back to school. Study your butt off. Seriously. The reason people get bad grades is not because the instructor is mean or hard to understand. They just didn't study. Learn on your own time. Seriously, it helps a lot to figure out what you want to do. Beef up on your mathematics skills and read a book a month. Last but not least, if you don't like the course you are on, switching majors is always an option. Just keep in mind that moving from major to major means that you will always have to retake prerequisites that you may not like. You are worth it. You can succeed.

Idalin

The university is very welcoming and faculty and students are always eager to show what the school has to offer.

It’s very important that when entering college that you take things slowly and you pick the right amount of classes that you feel that you can handle. You don’t want to feel extremely overwhelmed with the coursework load because students also have jobs and families they to attend too as well. Make sure that the when choosing a school you feel comfortable with the community so that you’re able to get all the right resources you need to succeed. Never feel scared to ask someone for help if needed because there nothing better than asking someone for help who is willing to guide you and help you achieve.

I have found that this school is perfect for me because I’m able to commute to the university. There are a variety of courses that are offered in the University whether your day begins in the morning, afternoon or night, you always have choices.

Conor

I would say to check the scholarships when you get accepted to colleges, if some of them are without maintaining a GPA, then these are probably better taking these and if you try to apply as a transfer student to those same schoold you will get less money. I would have been better to accept some of the other colleges even though I had a full tuition scholarship to UMASS Boston, as now as they only have a 2 year engineering program, I need to transfer but will get less scholarship money as a Transfer student to most othere schools.

Commute is great , its only 4 stops to Boston. Great view of the Ocean. - The beacon beginnings volunteer program and the honors program are good programs to meet people.

The physics department cater to grad students and not freshman , classes are way to hard for people with perfect physics SAT's just out of high school. Other friends tell me their physics I and its easy to me. They cancelled the only engineering class that I needed to take.

University of Massachusetts-Boston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.