Boston, MA
University of Massachusetts-Boston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Boston

Bethany

During the last year in college I have learned to overexaggerate my work. I tend to either write too much or add to much to my projects. My grades end up low in the process. Its okay to have alot to say and be creative. But sometimes you have to just keep things plain and simple. When I go out into the work field my boss may have guidelines as to how much is too much.

rachel

UMass Boston is a culturally diverse, inner-city university that promotes a positive and didactic environment for all student...

UMass Boston is a culturally diverse, inner-city university that promotes a positive and didactic environment for all students

The University of Massachusetts-Boston is filled with a diverse amount of people from all over the world. The community has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The skills acquired within the academic programs provide an excellent opportunity to excel in the outside job market.

I hope to receive a degree that will aid in my pursuit for a career in child psychology.

At UMass, I learned how to balance everything in my life--work, school, family, friends, etc. Of course, the educational benefits are expected, as I graduated with a Bachelor's and am still academically pursuing a higher education. Starting off at UMass enabled me to begin my "real" life with little overhead debt and that is actually a rather large factor as to how I was able to attend Ross University to pursue my veterinary degree (a DVM). I learned different social skills, how to interact with mature professional students, how to network within my field, and even how to manage my time better (a big help when pursuing a professional degree). Because of my start at UMass, I am able to pursue my dreams even further.

I wish I had known just what a "commuter school" implied--the sense of community is strong, however, I didn't form as strong of friendships as a result of all of us living off-campus. I've gotten much closer to the people in high school and in Ross University (where I'm working on my DVM). Even when getting involved with clubs and societies, it seems much more isolated because of the school's sheer size and the lack of people spending extra time on campus outside of the classroom time.

If you want to hold down a steady job while going to school, this is definitely the place for you--there are classes in all subjects offered at all times of the day (and week for that matter, as well). It's better for people who don't want the typical college-frat-dorm life that you see in the movies. It's a much more mature group of students.

Edith

College experience, is a one in a life time experience, everyday in college is a new day to learn the differentpoints of view of life.and I just want with Gods Help make my dreams came tru and , and be somebody in this life and help my mom in the future as she help me today, but unfortunaly she dosen't have the money to help me but she is working hard with me to help to find the best future for me.

Carenyssa

From the beginning of the school year, I have been one of the students to wander about in the halls searching for something to do in my free time. I haven't met many people but i have learned a few things. You must go in search for activities, clubs, and organizations if you want to meet more people. I have also learned that assignments should not be left for last minute especially essays because professors and or instructors do not change due dates and when a due date comes up you must be ready with the work. They do not except late work. It has been valuable to attend because going to college was my decision in hope of having a better future to offer for myself and for my children in the future. The college experience has been great and at the same time awkward.

I consider the food because i feel that they could offer students better food. The prices are also very expensive so sometimes it would be better to just save your money and eat elsewhere.

What I brag about the most when I tell my friends about my school is that it is very big. I also tell them that the school environment is nice and there are many students that go there. It's hard to get around with so many people.

Shayna

My college experience has given me insight into a world of diversity that I had never been exposed to before arriving here. The University of Maryland, College Park prides itself on its ethnic, racial, and religious diversity, and rightfully so: The campus is pulsating with different cultures that all thrive together. Students all come together to celebrate cultural holidays, whether they are going to Chabad for a Passover Seder or throwing paint with the Indian student group to celebrate Holi. The genuine joy with which the campus comes together to celebrate its diversity is inspiring, and has fundamentally changed my understanding of where I stand in the world and my community. Now, having experience so many different cultures, I feel more open-minded going into the "real world." I am much more prepared to interact with all sorts of people, because I have gained a cultural sensitivity that I will not lose. It is said that once your mind expands with a new idea, it can never contract; it also holds true that once your heart expands to love another person, you can never go back to where you stood before.

Anyone not open to meeting different kinds of people would not fit in at Maryland. Because we are such a large school, and the student body is so diverse, I imagine someone carrying a lot of prejudices would feel unwelcome and out of place.

When I tell friends about my school, what I'm most proud of is our amazing social scene. At Maryland, the student body is typically very friendly and outgoing, and it's really easy to make a solid group of friends to go out with. Whether one drinks or not, there's always something to do; a weekend in College Park never has to be boring.

Mark

My school is very divers and though there are social cliques, theres is much room to grow and be part of the community as a whole.

It is a commuter school and so there are many people coming and going, but it is very warm and welcoming to all.

Being close to the city has surrounded me with diverse individuals that tolerate others and welcome anyone as a friend regardless of their differences. I have made great friends here that even after their graduation, we remain the best of friends. I am still amazed by how easy it is to talk to people and grow friendships every where I go on campus. I have learned so much since I started here that I have second thoughts of transferring anywhere else in concern of choosing a lesser school. In short I wouldn't exchange my time here for any party school or similar universities.

Rebekah

Once I started college I saw myself change. I gained more confidence in myself. I have always been the quiet one in school but after my first semester in college I began speaking up more in my classes and joining in the disscusions. I love the classes I have taken and enjoy learning. I know every class I take leads me closer and closer to my dream of majoring in Kinesiology.

University of Massachusetts-Boston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.