University of Miami Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

If you have a car, the traffic around campus is brutal. The dining halls have decent food some days, but other days the dishes they serve can be weird.

Jaymes

Dining hall which is not that bad. RAs. Rain. 8am class. Class on fridays. Tests. Papers. Parking on campus.

Alana

The food. The food isn't inedible, but it certainly isn't five star quality. And like any other school, there is a lot of complaining about the amount of school work and studying to do, but this is no more than what I hear from any of my other friends at different schools.

Cory

There are a couple major things students complain about. One is that obtaining funding for clubs is a really time-consuming complex job. If you're big on community service and want to participate in the many clubs, this is something that you will definitely run into. Another common complaint is how the sororities don't have any sorority houses. Many people believe in the urban myth that "Coral Gables doesn't allow a certain number of women in the house because then it is considered a 'brothel'." Let me tell you this: THIS IS NOT TRUE. Nobody knows the real reason, but it is not because they think UM is full of hoes.

Cory

Alyssa

The most complaints here are: 1. The beach is not close enough. 2. Bars are not close enough. 3. Classes are iffy. 4. The school is too strict on the Greeks.