University of Michigan-Ann Arbor Top Questions

What are the most popular classes offered?

Alexander

Pyschology and spanish

Angela

.

Marikha

Many of the really big, introduction classes are popular. Things like Intro to Anthropology, Biology, Linguistics, Communications, etc. are usually an easy way to fulfill distribution requirements (you have to take 30 credits worth of classes that are unrelated to your declared major). Stats 250 is a very popular class as well, as is Math 105 and Math 115 (if you're considering signing up for these classes try sign up as soon as possible so you don't end up with an 8:30 am class). In addition to this, I highly recommend first year seminars to any incoming freshmen. They're really interesting classes that aren't too difficult and not too large. It's a great way to meet new people during your first year, and also to explore certain subject areas that you have an interest in. In my freshman year I took a first year seminar entitled "The Science of Religion". It was really interesting, and since it was a small class we had a lot of intellectual discussions, and we all got to know each other pretty well.

Angela

Psych 111 (Intro to Psychology) is probably the most popular class. It is also the largest with 500 students in a lecture. Chemistry classes are also pretty popular (and therefore also pretty large). This is probably because these classes fill basic LSA requirements. LSA is the largest school within the university. It requires 2 years of language, 12 natural science credits, 12 social science credits, and 12 humanities credits. Then, of course, you fulfill a major and also a minor if you want it.