University of Mount Union

« See more reviews of University of Mount Union

Over the years Mount Union seems to have lowered it standards in order to accept more students into the university. I think that this has brought down the quality of the classes that I am in and perhaps has led to the college becoming more primarily focused on those more interested in the social aspects of attending college than the educational ones. Keeping the univeristy small promotes a more competitive admissins process and keeps the quality of students up, allowing too many students in weakens the school not only because we do not have the living space for them.

The only flaw that I've found myself to see over and over again, is the student body not taking full advantage of the opportunities that Mount Union provides. I don't understand why some of the students here don't fully exploit all of the chances here on campus. There's always that handful of students who will say that campus life is boring but those are probably the same students who are blind to the life on campus.

The worst thing about this school is how expensive it is. Since it is a private school, it costs a lot more. I know many wealthy people attend this college, but for middle class citizens like myself, it is a burden trying to find ways to pay. I feel I should be entitled to the same liberal arts education as any other person, regardless of socioeconomic status, but the cost makes it much more difficult for me.

My belief is the worst thing about this school is the lack of liberality of many students. When or if students get involved with humanitarian causes, it is a self-serving function. Some of the same most involved with organized support, become illiberal in small group settings. Thus, there is a disconnect between the balances of sel and projected generosity.

The worst aspect about Mount Union College is their food service. Everything seems to be taken care of less than expected. The food is never really that tasty and is not preserved right meaning a lot of the food is cold when I get it when the food should be hot or at least warm.

The administration is very hard on greek life, to the point of practically strangling it. The greeks do a good job of getting by, and tend to be the happiest individuals on campus, but their rules and regulations are a lot tighter than most colleges or universities.

I would consider the lack of tools and equipment to be the worst thing about The University of Mount Union. The small number of students that attend this school does not allow for new machines and equipment to be readily available for students to perform research.

The cafeteria food. their isn't enough of a variety of food. It is al the same fried unhealthy stuff. With lots of meat which is hard for my friend who is a vegetarian. All she eats are wraps.

The worst thing about Mount is the town. It is quite small and the main things people do include the cheap movies, the Nature Center, and driving out to Canton to go to the mall.

It is hard to take some required classes outside of my major and minor. If you aren't good at math, the professor still treats you like you are a math major.