University of Nebraska at Omaha

« See more reviews of University of Nebraska at Omaha

you wouldn't think that Omaha NE would be a huge center for Middle Eastern and Afghan studies, but it is. We have the largest Afghan Studies center out of any liberal arts college in the U.S. The amount of foreign exchange students studying at UNO from the Middle East or North Africa is impressive as well as useful to any student who is interested in learning more about that culture or studying a language from that area of the world. Personally I am friends with several students from both Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. They become quite helpful when I need help studying for an Arabic test.

I believe that the best thing about my school is how completely comfortable I feel here. This school and city feels like a second home. The size of the campus is just big enough for you experience new things and meet new people, but small enough that you get to know the students and professors. I love the location of the school and the city of Omaha. Again, it's the perfect size. Hometown feel, but big city entertainment. This school is a perfect fit for independent students; they can really thrive and make a home for themselves here.

At UNO you don't really have to answer to anyone but your professors. No one gets in your business or knows everything about your life. It's not like high school. It's not rumors, gossip, or anything like that. People just come here to get a degree, and maybe meet a few friends on the way. Plus, UNO has resources for technology, health, cultural learning, writing papers, counseling, advising, financial aid... just about everything. Also, there's plenty of off-campus housing if you don't want to live in the dorms! (You don't have to!)

The intramurels were fun to play in. Flag football was something I looked forward to every semester. Some of the professors were really good. A few of them have made an impact on my life. The college required students to take diversity classes and those were extremely valuable to me. Native American and Black History courses really expanded my outlook. Lastly, I would say the variety of courses students can take. Students could learn about the Universe, other cultures, history, education, science, engineering, IT, etc.

The University of Nebraska at Omaha offers cultural and educational diversity, as well as leadership opportunities left and right. I have discovered that all of the professors work to help each student achieve their best. As a transfer student from another college, I can say that it is completely turning my academic and personal goals into a reality. Thanks to the Education and Music departments, I see myself becoming a better leader, a stronger musician, and excited to educate the future children of America.

The best thing about University of Nebraska at Omaha is the campus. The campus is located in the center of Omaha. With this location, once you are on the campus you can not tell that you are in the middle of a city. They have open green areas and trees. They have tables and benches for a student to sit on. They have recently been adding on to the campus and doing remodling to the facilities. Also with this central location in the city it provides with many shops and restrauants outside the campus to go to .

There is a great amount of diversity at the University of Omaha Nebraska. Omaha is generally a very segregated city, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to widen my horizons while expanding my mind. The learning environment is a very relaxed one. I feel extremely comfortable sharing my thoughts and voicing my opinion in and out of the classroom. It's not a very large campus, but the potential to better oneself towers dangerously close to the stars. I couldn't be happier!

I love the diversity, because I love being able to meet new people, and find out people who are in the same situation I am with things. It makes college much easier, knowing people who have the same interests as you, and of course know what your going through. Being stressed, and finding new ways to study, and having someone to study with.

The availability to take so many different classes, there are a lot of general education classes that need to be taken before taking any classes for your major. There are a variety of general education classes that anyone can take and it will count toward your major.

The school is amazing in general. The best thing about the school is the teachers. They are very freindly and they care about the students. They will create a personally relationship with every student and they will talk to you and help you if you need it.