University of Nebraska at Omaha Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Nebraska at Omaha

Robin

I think that the school itself and the academics are very good, but the dorm sucks and it is very difficult with COVID-19. I would definitely recommend this school to people who are honestly looking to learn, but if you aren't willing to commit yourself and your time to your studies then you won't succeed because it is a lot of work.

Kennedy

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is rich with diversity, inclusion and support! Weekly events are held to make sure the whole student body has a place to meet people and get involved in campus life. We have been voted the most enthusiastic student section a few years in a row, and we have a great campus close to downtown with plenty to do! Our class sizes are smaller, which gives the professors more one on one time with us in and out of class, and there are lots of resources available to make sure you’re maximizing your education. This University has a plethora of unique majors, including one of the best Biomechanics programs in the country. No matter what you’re looking for in a College, the University of Nebraska Omaha has something to cater to everyone!

Kelly

I think that if you are trying to pursue your degree, UNO is the place to be. I have been on many college visits but UNO is beyond the best in my opinion. The food, alumni, classroom size, just everything is perfect. I grew up in Fremont, Nebraska and even though Omaha Nebraska is a little bigger than Fremont, the campus makes it feel so close to each other. Makes you feel home. Makes you feel like family.

Kathryn

UNO was not my number one school. It wasn't even my number 7 pick. Being a Nebraska native, UNO is known as the school you apply to "just in case" and end up going to when you have absolutely no idea what you are going to do. And even though I plan on transferring out next school year, I have been pleasantly surprised that I have really enjoyed my time here. At no time did I ever feel like I was losing the "college experience" nor did I ever feel like I was wasting time and money going here. UNO has changed my mind about going to school at home.

Sierra

I am currently in my Junior year at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and I love it. I am so happy with the choice I made going to this University. One of my favorite things about it is the size. It isn't to large of a campus, so you really get to know the people in your classes and the professors. I'm also involved in Greek life and unlike a lot of other schools all the sororities and fraternities get along really well. This allows me to get even more involved in my school. Also, if you like hockey this is the place to go!

Erika

Attending the University of Nebraska at Omaha has been an amazing experience! Coming from a small town of about 150 people, I was worried about attending a University that caters to about 16,000 students. On my first day of class I was surprised with how centrally located every building was. Then I walked into my class expecting at least 50-75 other people but there were about 15 or so. It made me feel more comfortable knowing that I would still have that small school connection here. Sure there are some bigger classes, but if you go out of your way to meet the professor it will be easier to get an insight on the class. Overall UNO is an amazing University it has the city feel, but without the huge city crowd.

Haleigh

I absolutely love UNO. It has a very unique school culture. It feels like a community of friends. I never walk from one class to another without stopping to say hi to someone I know. Teachers are very accessible and make it a priority to help their students succeed. There is a wide variety of student involvement options on campus.

Loraine

I learned so much at UNO and still think about my classmates and friends I've made here. I had most fun with living in the dorm all 4 years and getting to know exchange students from other countries. There was always fun to be had and I learned a lot in class too.

Morgan

I absolutely love it here! There are so many opportunities and organizations to be apart of. I am apart of the dance club at UNO, and it is a lot of fun; we have a teacher supervisor but the for the most part it is student lead. We also have quite a few sport options available at our school. Everyone is usually pretty relaxed here; not super chatty and crowded but still a good number of people.

Abolore

The university environment is a conducive place to learn with well approachable instructors who are read to assist at every point in time of need. Also the gym and the school accommodation both the on campus and off campus are awesome. Though the school is pretty expensive for international students and no job opportunity unlike for the citizen.

Angelika

It is a great college to go to; so much that everyone in my family has/is attending this university. It has everything a person needs to excel in advancing their education. Everyone on the campus is very nice and willing to help each other out; yes this means the teacher too.

Abaigeal

UNO is a great school for so many different major and career opportunities. I've only been there for a semester and a half, and came from another school, but I feel like it's easy to become a part of the community. Being in Omaha helps it feel like there is always something to do without the feeling like you're in too big of a city.

Judy

Before attending the University of Nebraska at Omaha, I had my doubts. I am a home body, and would love nothing more than to be able to attend school close to home, but there was one issue-- I am way too passionate about pursuing a Social Work career, and unfortunately the college that was close to my home town did not offer social work as a major, so this is where I considered the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Once I got on campus, I fell in love immediately. The housing staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming, and dependable. Fortunately, I had went through formal recruitment for Greek Lif3 before the week that classes started, and I fell even more in love! After being recruited onto Sigma Kappa Beta Omega, I had an encouraging support system right off the bat and was able to experience my first week of college with my sisters learning about the endless knowlege and opportunies that UNO offers as a university. After several months of being apart of Greek Life, I was motivated by the resource that UNO offered me, and I became the Historian Chair on my sorority! I have never been in such a motivating and resourceful environment in my life. Without my professors being so reliable, the welcoming students and faculty, the social sporting events, the comfortable housing, the outstanding organizations offered, I would have never been able to develop into the best version of myself possible. The student that I've become has a drastic amount of ambition, and I thank the University of Nebraska at Omaha for the amazing experiences so far. I am more than sure that I'll have plenty more experiences as a student at this university to gloat about!

Shelby

Dorm rooms are amazing and the campus is such a beautiful place.

UNO is big enough that there is always something to do and someone new to meet, but small enough that I always have someone to wave at walking across campus. Like any school, UNO is what you make it, there are opportunities for students to get involved so long as you look for them. Class sizes are generally small and the professors make an attempt to get to know you. The facilities at UNO are amazing, HYPR and the library are two of my favorite places on campus. Overall a good education and experience and education for a great price.

John

Its a pretty good school though still under development. It has a wonderful engineering department with a lot of opportunities for us to succeed at what we do. Plus most people here care if you succeed or not and want to help you out if you are in need of assistance.

Hilary

I loved my experience at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The school has experienced rapid growth over the past few years, but they keep increasing the amount of student services, and extracurricular activities available. There seems to always be something to do on campus, you just have to go check it out. The student body is fairly diverse, as the school has a strong international students/exchange program, and it is in the biggest city of Nebraska. On campus housing is beautiful and affordable--all apartment style so you can cook your own food rather than buying an expensive meal plan. As the school becomes more populated, housing is much more competitive to get a spot, but there is a lot of affordable apartments/houses to rent in the nearby area. Parking is very expensive, and a challenge, but that seems to be the case at most schools. There's a lot to do in the Omaha area, but I definitely wouldn't call UNO a party school, maybe I just didn't know the party people.

Cory

UNO is a very good school in the middle of Omaha. It is a small, but growing campus and it feels like a great school for people who would prefer to commute to their school.

Ana

I really like how it feels like home.

Savanna

I generally thought I'd always attend a realatively large college, however, UNO seems to be the perfect match. It's not too big or small, the proffesors have a lot of experience and there are a plethora of opportunities for students to get internships, jobs or mentors in general,due to the proximity to the city and one of the best hospitals in the nation. The environment is very friendly and the campus is easily maneuverable. There are clubs for everyone and the entire campus loves to get involved whether it's to raise awareness or cheer on the Maverick hockey team. Overall, I loved my first year, and I'm glad I chose UNO. It has helped me grow as a person and has given me priceless network connections.

Dillon

UNO is an awesome college for any students who want a great college experience. The class sizes are small enough that you are more than just a number, but the campus is big enough to offer any kind of activity that you are looking to get involved in!

Tanner

I love UNO!!!! I didn't want to come home this summer because I love the school so much. I live 400 miles away from home but have felt at home in Omaha since day one! The campus is beautiful and easy to navigate. The professors are always there to help whenever needed. The students are friendly and it is very easy to get involved in anything and everything! Go Mavs!!!

Jorge

At UNO their is a lot of opportunities for every student to get involved with their communities. I was enrolled at UNO during the summer with Summer Scholars and I had an amazing experience. The students, professors, and food was great. I took an English course and learned a lot about writing in detail for certain memorable events. Overall I loved it for the time that I was there and the housing was also fun when you have a dorm with friends. I do not regret signing up for Summer Scholars and hope to attend UNO through my college life.

Adrianna

The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a great school that is all inclusive of those varying in race and gender. The University is great for those who are apart of any STEM majors. If you want to succeed it is best to use the various campus resources that are offered on campus.

Justin

Overall I like the people I've meet, I have only had one teacher I disliked out of ten. The students are really friendly and sociable. The old buildings are really nice and well put together, the new ones are cheap and slowly falling apart. I'd only recommend this college if you take online classes or have family to live with.

Autumn

During my time at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, I have felt that it is an overall great school. The academics are outstanding and the professors are understanding. They do not give much homework, they just ask to pay attention and participate in class, and to study for exams and quizzes. The student body is welcoming and willing to help any new students. The campus itself is designed for everything to run smooth and efficiently.

Diksha

I am a international student studying as a freshmen in University of Nebraska at Omaha. This university provides very good education along with the helping professors. It has many outdoor activities that i often like to do. I have participated in many community engagement services due to which i have improved my various skills and the most i liked about this university is the on -campus housing it is very clean and the staff helps over here when needed. Even i like the sports that are conducted by the university i personally feel that this university best suites me.

Alex

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to UNO. The students and staff alike were very friendly. There is always something going on so it would be difficult to have nothing to do. Their dorms and on-campus food could be better, but the campus is a fifteen-minute drive to the Downtown area which has many great food options. I am seriously considering going to UNO for college.

Timothy

University of Nebraska at Omaha has been a great school so far. Class size is minimal and professors are always willing to help. Every professor I've had the pleasure of having has made sure to let the class know when they are available and how to contact them in multiple ways. The largest problem that everyone will agree with is the on campus parking. Parking permits are ridiculously expensive for absolutely no garuntee of a spot.

Melissa

Living on campus is awesome! The dorms are basically apartments with private bedrooms for each person and they come with a kitchen and living room. Eating on campus is a bit expensive, but nearby shops, like Walmart and Target, offer better prices if you know how to budget. There are also a lot of eateries, stores, and fun places to go around campus! The shuttle buses could be a bit faster. They go from the Dodge Campus to the Scott Campus only and waiting for a ride can take a long while (sometimes you have to wait 20-30 minutes). There is a park nearby right in the backyard of some of the dorms that's gorgeous and gives a beautiful view to those who live in UV. The academic classes really make you study hard, so make sure you're a hard worker! You earn your grades. Teachers are always ready to help, too! There are plenty of clubs and organizations you can join here, too, so you can really involve yourself in the life of the campus. Excellent school!

David

I absolutely love my university! I transferred to UNO as a 21 year old and quickly became involved and work during sporting events and help with the marketing. I think Omaha is an awesome city with a great atmosphere and nice people. Getting involved helps to meet new people and network for future jobs.

Miranda

I really enjoy the University of Nebraska at Omaha. They are a small enough campus to see people you know but big enough to meet new people. The academics are good and the teacher/faculty to student ratio is around 3:1. The professors are very easy to get a hold or and they are helpful as much as they can be. I believe that UNO is a great campus and college for anyone looking for small but not too small college.

Nathan

It is important to me to become a University of Nebraska at Omaha alumni because my father is a University of Nebraska at Kearney alumni. I have admired my father my whole life. He found a job -flying planes- that he enjoys and still pays well. Ever since I was young my dad tried to convince me to be a pilot, but it never worked. I just wanted to find a job that I enjoyed as much as my father enjoys his. I feel like the only way I can do this is to go to UNO because there are so many options to choose from. I feel UNO can and will support me to on my journey to find a career that I will love for the rest of my life. I’m excited and proud that someday I will be able to call myself a UNO alumni. After all my college visits with my father I feel really confident that the University of Nebraska at Omaha will be the perfect place for me to get my degree.

Skylar

University of Nebraska at Omaha has a lot to offer and is overall a great school. Their College of Business Administration and dorms are what sold me. The school also has a ton of organizations and clubs from silly ones like "Tub Club" to political ones like "Young Americans For Freedom".

Kaley

Overall, the University of Nebraska at Omaha is a wonderful institution to attend. Being the first of Nebraska colleges to have apartment style on campus housing shows that this institution really cares about the well being on their students. Having current experience of living on campus, their housing facilities provide everything you need! Personal kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, and laundry rooms; they have it all. Buildings on campus are also wonderful. Everything is relatively close together and always accessible. Classrooms, meeting rooms, and study rooms are the perfect size for student and teacher engagement. Also, it always seems something is getting updated so it can meet the current demands of students and professors. Finally, there are always plenty of ways to get involved on campus. From sororities, athletic events, and campus events; all are wonderful options to students when they feel like needing something to do.

Tara

If you're looking for a metropolitan school that's fairly inexpensive, then UNO is a great school for you. The on-campus housing is all apartment-style, so you aren't crammed into a tiny little dorm room with someone you don't know. The facilities on campus are all top-notch, and the campus is pretty easy to navigate. So far, I've had fairly small class sizes, so unless you're taking a really popular gen-ed course, chances are your class will be a fairly decent size! All-in-all, I've enjoyed my time at UNO!

Aaron

I think that University of Nebraska at Omaha is a great college to go to, the people and the teachers there are fun, chill and very helpful. Overall, UNO is just a nice place to be in, it's just very nice, that's all I can really say about it. Like they say, "Omaha is your class," and that is true. Omaha is your class, you can go around Omaha and your class is just there! These are my overall thoughts about University of Nebraska at Omaha.

Mario

I love this college. I am a first year student and the way the school has welcomed me so far has been great. I feel confident in taken on my major. This school offers many resources so that you can make your way into the college life. The professors are always there to help for any occasion.

Hunter

The University of Nebraska Omaha is a very diverse and outspoken college which sits within walking distance of many great shops. There is always some kind of activity for you to take part in and all of the students are very down to earth and friendly. The dorms are very nice apartment style layouts and are within walking distance of bus stops that can take you all around campus. In general everything is quite nice and the university is constantly under construction, improving and adding on to the already modern campus. Overall while no college is perfect, The University of Nebraska Omaha is about as close as you could hope for.

Rana

Teachers at the University of Nebraska at Omaha are passionate about their subjects and will do anything to help a student succeed. The faculty and environment is diverse and welcoming. UNO has endless opportunities for those pursuing a degree.

Katelyn

UNO offers an incredible networking opportunity. The average student is in their mid 20's, so the atmosphere is very mature and comfortable. The professors actually give a hoot about students and make themselves available as much as their schedule allows. It is hard to blend in here, despite it being a large University. Class sizes usually run under 25 students per 1 instructor, and this allows for much more in-depth conversation and connection building.

husna

I love the school its amazing!.

Daniel

Its a great school. You'll get along with everyone. Theres always something to do on campus and off like entertainment, night life, and sports. The school is also very welcoming to every kind of student. Lastly if you are some who likes small classes or someone that likes large classes, you're in luck because they have variable sizes of classes that fits everyones comfortability level.

As a student who never had a "dream college" to go to, I had endless options of where I wanted to go. But when I toured UNO, I felt so welcomed there. I love the classes I am taking, and I feel like I am learning things that I am going to need in the future and in my career.

Jaden

LOVE IT!

Olivia

UNO is a great school to get your degree and and move on to the next thing in your life. There are many people who commute (myself included), and are just there for class. There isn't a ton of school spirit, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a great place for people who work. Arranging my schedule to fit with my work schedule is incredibly easy due to the large amount of online and night classes. Almost every professor I've had has been an engaging speaker as well as being very knowledgeable about their field. The campus is a nice size, and the facilities are really wonderful. The only negative comment would be the lack of social events. It's not the best place to get the stereotypical "college experience," but I don't think that's something everyone wants to have.

Lane

Its a great school and the future is even bigger and better for UNO.

Ja'Nae

I think it is a great school, has great academics and is a great environment to be in. It is seen as a commuter school, which causes for less student involvement on campus, but makes for a more academic focused environment. I do appreciate the different organizations and resources on campus available for students to improve student life on campus. Overall I really like UNO.

Victoria

My first semester was interesting. The classes were really good for the most part, however, I was put in classes that were above my level and had nothing to do with my major. So some of those were a waste of time and money. However, I think I got lost in the system before school even started. I had nothing in common with my room mates and am not sure why I was placed with them. My car was broke into and neither the college nor the police dept did anything about it. I have not had an advisor until bout 4 days ago. However, I went and found one and got some help that I needed. I have also changed dorm rooms and my new roommates are great! Hopefully some things are fixed and things will be better. My classes are even better then last and my new advisor says they are the correct ones for my to have. Its looking like this semester will be better. I love the campus, my instructors, the class sizes, and the atmosphere of the college.

Benjamin

I'm just about to start my sophomore year at UNO, and I loved my freshman year! The campus is looked after well, very clean and safe. My favorite aspect is the size. It is large enough that it's always exciting but small enough that you can get individual attention from professors very easily. I love my school, would highly reccomend.