University of Nebraska at Omaha Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Allison

I lived in the dorms my freshman year of college. It was a truly unique experience. I ended up getting paired with some great people. I lived with 2 foreign exchange students, one from India and one from China, and a girl from Blair Nebraska. The dorms are apartment style housing. There are 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and shared living room. With four people living in one area the kitchen cabinet space can become limited, but I e-mailed my roommates before I moved in to find out what they already had so that I didn't bring the same things ie: a microwave, a can opener, silverware. I just made sure that it was okay with them that I share their appliances. It only took me 5 minutes to walk to each of my classes in the mornings, and there are laundry facilities either located in your building or a few yards away from the building; it depends in which dorm you are located. The dorms can be kind of costly. It is 500 dollars to live in a dorm, but keep in mind that is including all the amenities of basic cable, water, electric, and heat.