University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

UNH has a beautiful campus. At the top of the hill you will see the large clock on Thompson Hall and the lawns filled with lounging students on a sunny day. Students are always outside playing games, studying, or grabbing a coffee on Main Street. The little Main Street strip has cute little coffee shops and restaurants, as well as the campus's bar scene. During the day and afternoon people can be seen sitting outside of the shops and at 1am on the weekends there are lines out the doors at Camco and DHOP, the open late food places right by the bars! The academic buildings vary, some extremely nice and new, and others weathering. However, new construction and upgrades seem to always be taking place.

I'm so proud of my school because i have seen a lot of effort in this school, for me is an authentic school a helpfull school that enouages every single student to develop their education even though they have disablities, i have seen a lot of disabilities people here at school that keep continuing study because the help that school brings to them. in my opinion this school is interesting in the student as a person and this help the student to feel more confmortable in keep continuing thei studies. the school has a lot of opportunites.

Unh is a great example of a state school that remains both competitive and caring of its students needs. The infrastructure of the school seems to be largely focused on keeping students lives running smoothly. At Unh, there is a large variety of extra curricular activities and oppurtunities aimed at giving each individual student experiences that they would enjoy. Proffesors at Unh are highly accomadating, love to spend time with students both in and out of class time, and are exptremely approachable in most cases.

The University of New Hampshire is a place where everyone has a purpose. There are so many different clubs that you could find a group of people that share the same passions/hobbies if you tried not to. There are also several sororities and fraternities people can join if they are looking to become involved in the community and build life long friendships. It has various general education courses people from all different majors can explore and it is a great place to spend an undergraduate education at.

When I think of home, I think of UNH. I felt like I just belonged there, and even though it was only a half an hour from my house, I feel like it was the place I was meant to go to school. It has that New England feeling that I miss when I'm not there; the people, culture, weather, and atmoshpere. I have been able to study abroad two semesters through UNH, which has been an incredible experince that has helped me grow. Next semester I am going back to UNH, and I am so stoked!

My school is a lot of fun. It is medium to large in size so you get to meet a lot of people. I have met many new friends and I am having a lot of fun. Watching the sporting events has been great. The hockey team is fun to watch and my classmates and myself have a great time at the games. My classes have been good so far as well. The teachers have been willing to help when needed. I plan to use their support more as I need it over the next couple of years.

What sets UNH apart from other school is that they have an assortment of majors to pick from and professors are more likely to sit down and take time to help you when it’s needed. One big thing that grabbed my attention when applying to school was that UNH was the only school that had an undergraduate research program. That is what sold me on the school especially wanting to go into research later in life after I have finished all my schooling.

The University of New Hampshire consists of an extremely friendly community, as well as a beautiful campus. All of the Professors I have had so far, made an effort to know who I was as a person, as well as push me to the best of my ability to excell in my studies. The students are always welcoming to new individuals, and love to have a fun time throughout the school year.

A very active and friendly student population attends this school. It is what you make of it, get involved, there's plenty to do and be involved in but you also have to take the active steps to find out what fits you. Great campus resources, campus buses and buses to nearby towns/mall. Couldn't be happier here!

Although it is difficult to describe the University of New Hampshire in a single sentence, it is easy to tell how great a sense of community exists on campus whether in the classroom with a professor, in a dorm environment with resident assistants and hallmates, or at a campus event.