University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

My school is best known for its educational opportunities. Nationally ranked, UNH has some of the best academics compared to all other universities with similar standards. So far, I've recognized these efforts mainly from professors themselves. They seem to take a surprising amount of effort to actually teach and make sure concepts are understood before they move on to something new. Not only that, but they also make themselves available afterhours if any further questions arise. I feel as though these efforts contribute greatly to this university being known for it great academic opportunities for all types of students.

The University of New Hampshire is best known for its beautiful scenery, D1 Hockey and kinestology majors. All around campus, whether it is fall, winter, or spring, the scenery is captivating. The brick buildings around campus give it a unique feel and is very welcoming. When the weather becomes cold and snow begins to fall, the campus lights up and is quite a site to see. For sports, Hockey is huge. The games are intense and are filled with an exciting atomsphere. The student section is alive and entertaining. Lastly, Kinestology is highly known and respected here at UNH.

The first thing most people think of when they hear about The University of New Hampshire is hockey. Our hockey team is one of the best in their division and they are usually nationally ranked. Home hockey games are loud and spirited, the support is really phenomenal. Year after year the skill level displayed by the hockey team hardly wavers. They are a very stable team in terms of success, which kind of speaks for the school itself. While hockey may be big here, the spirit and camaraderie of the students reverberates into everyday life on campus.

I think UNH is best known for its school spirit as a whole, and a generally feeling of acceptance. Here there are a thousand different clubs, and extracurricular activities for EVERY category. Here at UNH discrimination is not tolerated, everyone is accepted for who they are and there is a place for every kind of person. That's why its so cool that the campus is so big, there are endless amounts of things to do, clubs to join, events to attend that can make anyone feel apart of something. Theres always something new to try!

Our school is best known for the tremendous facilities, and the ten different colleges for the majors at our university. I believe our school is also best known for the contributions and additions to the university given by alumni. There is a connection from the day you begin at this university until after you graduate. Another great attribute that this school is known for would be the hockey team we have because of the level of competiveness, and school pride we have at the games is what makes it very well known.

The University of New Hampshire is best known for its hockey team and its sustainability program. Most of the school follows the hockey team and the student section is very supportive of our players at the games. The surrounding community also helps to fill the stands for our games. The university has really been pushing going environmentally friendly. They have been making lots of changes to reduce the amount of food and chemical wastes that are produced. We have become one of the leaders in green campuses.

When thinking of the University of New Hampshire, what comes to mind is partying. UNH students have friends visit expecting to be shown a good time. Greek life at UNH largely impacts the party scene. The fraternities are often a place people go to, whether as a guest or to join, for parties. Although the university is making an attempt to rid UNH of the party school reputation, I feel it has already spent too much time known as that making it difficult to change people's views of it as a "party school".

Honestly, most of the students here know UNH for its social life. My freshman year UNH was rated the 7th largest party school by the Princeton Review. However, we also have a lot of school pride and have wonderful athletic programs! Academically, we have the facilities and the staff to become very successful students, it's all a matter of how hard you want to try as a student. I would say that UNH is best known for its opportunities. If there is something you are looking to do, UNH most likely has it!

My school is best known for hockey. I'm not much of a hockey fan since I live in an urban area meaning basketball, baseball, football, etc. are bigger, However, when I attended my first University of New Hampshire hockey game I see what all the commotion is about. The game was fun. I loved chanting along to the different creative and funny chants and how much action there was. There wasn't a dull moment. It was also great to see how many people went even alumni or the families from the area.

UNH is best known for its historical connection with New Hampshire. It is also known for its environmental benchmarks such as working with Waste Management in using methane gas from trash to heat campus. WSBE, the business college, is also well known to local businesses. Some of our staff in the LA dept are known for their publishings.Unfortunately UNH is also known for its party goers who usually drink too much especially during sporting events.