University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

I wish the students at UNH were more into their school work. Sometimes it's frustrating going to school with kids that don't care about school and just want to have fun. I realize college is supposed to be fun, but there are schools where students work really hard, but are able to have just as much fun doing their extracurricular activities and going out. Not many kids here do things outside of their classes, and those that do aren't usually very committed unless they're a leader of that group. I wish there was a desire to participate in student organizations and work hard.

best things - you can walk to almost anywhere but it's also known as the unh bubble where if you don't have a car there can be really nothing to do. for those that do have a car- great things to do within 20 minutes such as the beach, red hook tour, Portsmouth etc. basically a better area for being over 21 and own a vehical. not idea for the youger crowds although buses are helpful. Great school pride - GO WILDCATS - hockey games and football games are fun - UNH would be better and more fun if it was warm all the time - winters are brutal. Student complaints - parking and snow.

Politeness and overall friendly demeanorof the community, students and faculty. Diversity and culture is something i would add to the university. The size of the University seems to be just right for my taste. For the most part people act positively when I say I am part of the student body at UNH. Most of my time is spent in my apartment in the Gables community. What college town?! I am very fond of the UNH administration for the most part. School pride is very big. Frequent complaints about the UNH transportation system, and lack of parking, plowing and understanding.

UNH is a great school. It is big enough that you can do almost anything you want for a major, but it is small enough that you wont get lost. The school is really great to acomidating to the special needs of students whether they are from abroad or not. Durham is a great place to have the college. It is a pretty safe area and easy to get to anything near by like Portsmouth or Boston. They have great sports or great arts or other student groups to fit everyone's different preferences. If there is a group that they dont have it is easy enough to start one.

Everyone says it, but it is true. UNH legitimately has something for everyone. Over the course of 4 years I was able to join a sports team, join Greek life, participate in Student Senate, intramural sports, nutrition groups, and various other clubs and activities. I did everything I could have hoped to do and more than I thought was even possible. I don't know how I handled it all with one of the hardest majors at UNH, but if I did it, you can do it too! Take every opportunity you get, they will be knocking at your doorstep, and you won't regret any of them.

UNH life has been something that has treated me well for my entire time here. We are a large school in a small town. With 13,000 undergrads you would think that it would be much more cramped feeling than it is. The campus and nearby off-campus housing, as well as students living in nearby towns really helps keep the campus feeling cozy and fun. The shops and eateries in town are all great and through free bus transportation to students we have access to Dover and Portsmouth, both of which have a wide variety of things they offer.

i think the best thing about UNH was joining a sorority. Greek life is awesome here. i think the size of the school is just right, but only because i joined alpha phi. before i joined i thought it was too big. i spend most of my time at alpha phi with all my sisters. main street is awesome place to hang out. lots of things to do around campus. school pride is awesome especially at the hockey games. One experience ill always remember is my first day of rushing the sororities.

UNH has a beautiful campus for a state school. Although it might be a turn off to some to live in NH, Boston is only a train ride away, the beach is close by and Portsmouth, NH has a lot to offer. I think the campus size is just right because you can always look forward to meeting new people and because it is a larger school there are so many things to get involved with. the school has a lot of spirit when it comes to the hockey games.

I think UNH is just right for the amount of students that attend here. UNH is a gorgeous school filled with brick buildings and green. I spend most of my time on main street. I think the most frequent student complaints is the parking and the size of the gym. The gym is definitely too small for the amount of students. Overall, UNH is a great school and I couldn't imagine my college experience to be anywhere else.

I like UNH because its not too far from my home. Its the perfect size. I think that people think UNH is a better school/harder to get into than I think it is. I spend time in my room, sorority house, or frats. Theres nothing else really around so I guess its a college town but the actualy town part on main street is really small. I think theres a fair amount of pride.