University of New Mexico-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Mexico-Main Campus

The old kingdom of Mayan civilization. The way the school is designed, I feel like I am walking in the ruins of Mexican/South American civilization. There is so much cement here you will never get dirty. There are lots of skaters and the weather is always sunny. This university focuses on medical, law, Spanish cultures, and engineering. The professors are enthusiastic and love to help students during their office hours. They have a wonderful service here for students that struggle academically called CAPS.

It is exactly as my teachers in High School said it would be, meaning that it is huge and overwhelming; the new lifestyle is extremely difficult to adapt to especially when I'm not living at home any longer and have to suddenly become an adult; besides the part time job I'm working, I also have to worry about bills, food, replacing broken things in my apartment, let alone the homework and classes, but its exciting and a very fresh new feel in my seemingly boring life as a High School student.

My school is pretty cool, the one thing that I would advise is to stay focused all four years of college! The problem is that freshman get caught up in the dorm life and that they are away from home. So they get crazy as well as think that they can manage both partying and school. Though, you think you can, it is super difficult! Most freshman drop out of college because of bad grades! Don't waste your money and your time, it is not worth it! You are better than that! -Fellow Student

The University of NEw MExico is a State UNiversity that could be described with one word : diverse. Different ethnic groups and nationalities meet in this school but especially live together and get together without a single discrimination or prejeduce. It is a school with rich programs, amazing professors and a campus rich of activities to do in order to make the college experience amazing.

My school is a sun-warmed mélange of artists, scientists-in-training, doctors who one day may handle my children as they come into the world, scholars walking with barefoot activists, everyone lit by streams of light breaking through the lush trees, providing welcome shade from the 360-days-a-year sunlight as we share classrooms with some of the best young minds in the southwest.

Very Productive, semi organized , student that attend are looking toward success. Has a nice overview of the Sandia Mountains . Hardworking to keep the college up to date. Is convenient to those who live on campus. you could wake up late and stilll make it to class. There is also a lot of new mexican culture that contributes to the college. Which is a big plus.

The University of New Mexico is a warm, open community that defies its past reputation as a commuter school. UNM combines top notch research facilities, elite athletics, and a large international student presence with a healthy appreciation for the local heritage, which is visible in every inch of the adobe campus.

UNM has a lot of big buildings and is a fairly big campus. There is a lot of art such abstract sculptures. There is a duck pond that has a small waterfall and many students wait between classes here watching the ducks and turtles. The campus is fairly clean but graffiti does happen quite a bit.

The University of New Mexico is an amazing school located in Albuquerque, NM. It has a great learning enviroment and the people are very friendly and welcoming. The instuctors are very helpful and knowlegeable.

The University of New Mexico is somewhat liberal, but somewhat friendly as well; and UNM is active, individualistic, musical, artistic, architectually diverse, confusing and unorganized at times.