University of North Texas Top Questions

Erika

UNT is most known for it's diversity in both the students, and their degree options. We have 96 Bachelor Degree choices so it is overwhelming and exciting to figure out where on that list you fit in best. If you don't fit in there, you have the option to do integrative studies, and pick and choose what you learn. The student population is also extremely diverse. Almost 50 percent of the students at UNT are a minorty which almost makes us a minority driven University.

Vipin

University of North Texas is best known for their Engineering Program at Discovery Park. Discovery Park is a seperate building that is completely dedicated to all engineering fields. They have state-of-the-art systems and all the tools that you will need to succeed as an engineer in both college and in the career.

jazmine

being environmentally friendly

yanxia

My school is best known for its music program. there are a lot of artists from our school.

Sieun

UNT is best known for Jazz music program and one of the greenest college in Texas!

victoria

The University of North Texas is best known for Mean Joe Green, which is why we call ourselves the Mean Green!! We also have a fantastic musical degree so as you walk around campus, there is always someone playing, singing, practicing, or dressed up for a night of entertainment! Since graduated and have returned, the upgraded football field is this only thing anyone can talk about in the small town of Denton, so perhaps nowadays the field (with photos of players that were friends of mine while I was there!) could be what it is best known for! :)

Angela

We are Mean Green!

The University of North Texas is best known for being environmentally friendly. The phrase "we mean green" is no short of the truth. Almost every fifty feet, you'll see a series of litter bins: paper only, glass/plastic only, and landfill. Usually, the paper and plastic recyling bins are overflowing, while the landfill bin is still half-empty. As well, our Apogee Stadium runs on wind energy, and our recreation center runs entirely on the energy created by the students using the equipment (tredmills, bikes, etc.) inside. Students work hard daily to keep our reputation as a "green campus."

Eric

The University of North Texas is revered for its extensive list of arts and science degrees.

Haley

We are most known for our music programs, particularly jazz. Our design programs are also very competitive (Communication Design and Fashion Design). The merchandising program is very well known.

Oscar

The school is best known for its amazing music program. Musicians from around the world come to this university. It is truly an exceptional program with many options to choose from and wonderful professors to help the students succeed in the music industry. This university has the "best marching band in all the land", as many critics say.

Sierra

University of North Texas is recongized for being a "Green" school with solar wind mills, along with a beautiful campus. The school was founded on teaching teachers and art students so the greatest programs that UNT offers is for Art, Music, and Educational students. Sports are important to the school, but the academics comes first because the funding is for the degrees and programs.

Lea

My school is best known for three major programs: Art, Music and Education.

Kelsey

The University of North Texas is famous for the College of Music. Although it is one of the smallest Colleges on campus, it is the most prestige.

Marquita

The University of North Texas is best known for tradition, excellence, and school spirit. Although I have not attended this university for long, it is very evident that educational standards are high here. I have pride in my school and feel my degree will be valuable.

Collin

The University of North Texas is known for the exemplary music program. The jazz bands, classical ensembles, and marching band exemplify what a college music program should strive to become. The jazz band's recognition includes being the only university level jazz ensemble to be nominated for a grammy, and many of the music staff are renowned throughout the nation and travel to spread their knowledge to others.

kelsey

My school is best known for its musical ability. We have an amazing music program and being a singer with a passion for music i fit in perfectly

Chantal

It is best known for music program

Haley

The University of North Texas is renowned for its music program and the Intensive English Learning Institute. Students come from all over the world to study music and learn english at UNT.

Elric

Music program

Chelsea

My school is best known for diversity. Many students at this campus come not only from different races, but different backgrounds, and each individual has so many components that make a whole, unique, original person. All these individuals then become a component to make a wonderful, diverse campus. No student at the University of North Texas is the same as another.

Toni Rose

My school is best known for their music program, their music program is very competitive. UNT is not only known for their music, but also for their liberal arts. There are so many students that are creative and seeing artistic students in school is something that is not hard to find at UNT.

Tina

The University of North Texas is best know for its academic excellence and their drive to assit students in obtaining their educational goals.

Melissa

We are best known for attempting to be a green campus. Our slogan is Mean Green so we try to build sustainable buildings and recycle a lot. We also have a good music and art program and RTVF (radio, telvision, film).

Mean Green

stuart

music and art thrive here, also business is on the uprise here as well.

Taylor

UNT is best known for their music capability.

Kirsten

Its Anthropology department and its ease for students to transfer.

Nakeya

It's known to have many transfer students. It's also the best music school in Texas. The university of North Texas is a four year state University in Denton,Tx, Founded in 1890, it is the flagship institution of the University of North Texas System. With an enrollment of over 36,000 students, UNT is the fourth -largest university in Texas. UNT is a member of the Federation of North Texasa Area Universities, offering many graduate degrees. Here at UNT the athletics program, is known as the Mean Green, even with competes in thirteen NCAA Division I-A sports.

Kristin

My school is best known for it's great location. It is close to the dallas-fort worth metropolitan area. It is also known as a very artsy and liberal school and has one of the best music programs in the country.

Aerial

The University of North Texas is best known for it's school spirit. To say UNT has a great deal of school spirit is an understatement. Personally, I find it hard to believe that there are over 30,000 students at UNT. The atmosphere is most closely related to that of a family. Everyone may not know everyone else but, the people are friendly and they will go out of their way to make each and every person feel at home.

Boubacar

My school is best known for being environmentally friendly.I believe it is from that that the name "Mean Green" comes from.Also, my school is very known about having one the best programs in music in the nation.

mitchell

My school is best known for its' going "GREEN" attitude towards conserving and recycling, and for Mean Joe Green!

Veronica

It's music department. If you really want to know about and learn music come to UNT. It's a hard department, but it's one of the best.

Arielle

If I had to choose one thing the school would be known for, it would probably be the artistic culture of the campus. By just walking from class to class on campus, you can see beautiful works of art created by students or maybe a saxophonist playing some of the best jaz music you'll ever hear. The campus has a very leisurely and relaxed feel to it that makes one really stop and appreciate the surrounding beauty.

Kate

business program, PT program, athletics

Ryan

UNT has a diverse cultural community. Texas, sometimes, has a reputation of being closed minded and I believe it's important people see us for the creative, open-minded leaders we are.

Brianna

My school is best known for it's school spirit. I have never seen so much school spirit in a school before. The teams aren't the best at winning at my school, but they have more than enough pride to make you think that they've won everything they've done.

Leigh

The University of North Texas is reknowned for it's art and music schools. Denton is a bigger city but with a small town feel that is always supporting these local aspiring artists. Everything is very laid back.

Alyssa

It is best known for being laid back and for the music scene it is involved in.

Jillian

The University of North Texas is best known for its pride and its College of Music is the second best in the country.

Andrea

It is best known for its philanthropic approach to life and the surrounding community. It is know for being artsy and liberal, and students are known to be outspoken free thinkers.

Emilia

They are most known for their music program and the marching band.

Janel

My School is known for our amazing and distinguished music programs. Our band has acquired many grammy nominations over the years. My school is also the most environmentally conscious university in the state of Texas.

Chandra

My school is known for their eagerness to teach and the competitive art program they have. All of my professors have multiple ways of reaching them should a question arise and are ready to help. The art program here is very informative, they have given us professors that actually know what it is like to e in each of our fields of study.

Dolores

My school is best known for its music program. It is ranked nationally as one of the best schools to attend for this program. I personally was not involved in the music program but it was nice to know my school was the best at something.

stanlee

music

Shayla

My school is best know for its Music program its one of the best there is.

Maria

My school is best known for its famous alumni like: Grammy winner Norah Jones, Self-help expert Dr. Phil McGraw, Pulitzer Prize winner Larry McMurty, renowned granite sculptor Jesus Morales, among others. Its the largest provider of online credit coursed among Texas public universities. One of the nation's frist comprehensive traing and reserch programs for Spanish language media. On Music is known as one of the most comprehensive music colleges in the nation. It has 300 student organizations, plus a student newspaper, radio station and cable television station. They are the 2001-2004 Sun Belt football champions, soccer champions.

Malaka

The UNiversity of North Texas is the fourth largest university in the state of Texas. The university is also a member of the Federation of North Texas Area Universities. It is one of the best business and music schools in the state of Texas.