University of Northern Iowa

« See more reviews of University of Northern Iowa

Our school is historically known for its education program; it was once called the Iowa State Teacher's College. Today it continue's this tradition, but is well known for its accounting program, business department, and speech pathology program. These programs are nationally ranked and highly accredited. UNI is a perennial powerhouse for division I-AA (FCS) football and plays in the famed "UNI-Dome." The UNI volleyball team is also nationally known in Division 1, having made frequent appearances to the NCAA Sweet 16. Our distinguished alumni include quarterback Kurt Warner, Senator Chuck Grassley, and many state business leaders.

The Univeristy of Northern Iowa is best known for its energetic students and teacher. Besides showig school spirit, working hard, and going to the football games we love to dance. There is not a sporting event that goes by in which the whole student body does not dance. There is a constant stream of dance parties that go on during the year that truly bring us all together and works off our stress. UNI is known for its signature dance called "The Interlude" that never fail to get people excited and moving.

The University of Northern Iowa is known for having professors that will work with you as an individual and get to know you as a person. The professors actually care about your learning experiences and provide many services to help you succeed within their classroom. These services include having office hours in which you can go in and ask for help, e-mail, optional study sessions, and tutors available for additional help.

The University of Northern Iowa is known for their teaching and business programs. UNI's teaching program is the best in the state of Iowa (and most surrounding states). UNI's accounting program is also one of the best. An up and coming program at UNI is their entreprenual program. It allows real-world experience with the support of UNI and its faculty.

Our school is probably best known as a teacher's college. We educate a lot of teachers at this school, quality teachers. However, we are also known as a suitcase campus as hardly any students stay here on the weekend. This works for me though as it allows me to concentrate on my studies which is why I'm in college.

Business adn Education getting the students lots of real life experience in their field, they are also known for having small class sizes once you get into your specified area of study, and finally for helping students with securing a job after graduation.

The University of Northern Iowa is best known for its education program. Many of the students who come to Northern Iowa are going to become teachers. Northern Iowa is also known for being a bigger school with a small town accomodating atmosphere.

My school is best known for its diversity as far as organizations. We are very open and are ready to have a discussion, no an arguement, over issues we disagree on. I find this very refreshing.

A very strong school for anyone wanting to be an educator. Has a great early childhood and elementary ed program and also prepares all good teachers in all secondary subjects.

My school is best known for its Education majors and Business education. Also we are known for upsetting the number 1 team in the nation last year in the NCAA tournament!