University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

More accurate for OSU. The campus is in a suburban town, but not really the middle of nowhere. There are things to do in Norman, although it is true at times that a bigger city nearby may provide students with some other free-time options.

I think OU definetly has its share of parties, as does every college, but although greek life is a big activity on campus, I know plenty of guys and girls that are unaffiliated and have no problem finding their place on campus.

While the greek system is a big part of campus life, there are plenty of opportunities besides the greek system. And though I see students rolling by in BMWs and Range Rovers every day, those student are few and far between!

To a certain extent...yes, probably about 99.9% of us are southern, but maybe not that many are conservative, and a number of us aren't football loving maniacs, but I would say for the most part, yes, the stereotype is true.

A lot of people could fill this stereotype, especially if you are encompassed in the greek life. However, a very large percentage of the school are not down with the fraternity/sorority lifestyle, and are very down to earth.

Not at all, I have really enjoyed going to school here and meeting new people. By no means do we ride horses. What is really great about OU is that you are permitted to have cars on campus no matter what your standing is.

Not so much, while there are a lot of people from Texas (and all over the world for that matter), there is still a sense of total acceptance and a level of comfort that can often be difficult to find on a larger campus.

While at OU, I met a very diverse group of people with all kinds of backgrounds and interests. I must say, there is a very large and strong Greek community and some of the stereotypes were true, but not in a bad way.

I don't think so. I believe that every house has many great and diverse people that make it up! It is those bad seeds that give houses bad names, and it takes many years to clear the slate from those doings.

As far as sorority and fraternity people go, yes. Usually people who are not in a sorority/fraternity house are a lot friendlier than those who are in one.