Philadelphia, PA

University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of University of Pennsylvania

Penn is definitely a "Social Ivy" - people are very friendly and outgoing, there are always events on (and off) campus to attend - nonetheless, students here are smart, know they are smart, and know that everyone else is as smart or more as they are, the academic pace is brisk and there is somewhat of a pre-professional atmosphere, particularly with Buisiness and Pre med/law/etc students/

I will be attending the University of Miami starting in January of 2013. My goal is to obtain a Bachelor's in the Science of Nursing. While I can talk about Penn, since I was an undergrad there. I can not talk about the University of Miami yet. Penn was a perfect balance between academics and fun, socialization. It was challenging and motivating.

Penn is academically challenging, full of rich history, situated in a culturally diverse city and seeks to have its graduates become the leaders in their fields and promote the great education they received.

UPenn is simultaneously a really fun place to get to know incredibly diverse, interesting people and a fantastic academic opportunity for everyone, no matter where their interests lie.

A diverse population striving for a common goal of furthering oneself academically, professionally, and personally while exploring the many opportunities locally and globally.

Modern, but with a respect for its tradition and history, that values setting students up for success with various internship, job placement, research, and service programs.

The University of Pennsylvania is an enthusiastically open-minded institution which encourages a pragmatic and holistic approach to learning in a diverse, urban setting.

Penn is a mosaic where the best and brightest minds in both professors and students come together and form one cohesive network where everyone can find a place to excel.

Penn is extremely academically and research focused, and it really drives you to succeed, but the students are also motivated to have fun in life, so it's a good mix.

This school equips the privileged professionals of the white-collar workforce with a respectable degree and padded resume so they can network their way to success.