Philadelphia, PA

Penn is in a great urban location where the students have access to many opportunities on campus, in the local community, and beyond. The faculty at Penn is awesome and willing to help students in any way that they can. There are always fun things happening around campus to help lighten the stress that comes along with college life. There's also a wide array of class choices which makes it a lot easier to find a class that you enjoy. Along those lines, Penn also presents many different opportunities for its students to prepare themselces for the future.

The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League school that?s not as well-known as Harvard or Princeton and that means that students are here more because of the school's performance instead of the early name recognition. Penn's Wharton School of Business is the highest ranked and most competitive undergraduate business school in the country. The school was founded by Benjamin Franklin, the country's most accomplished founding father. Lastly, the study abroad program is great and huge here; there really is nowhere you aren't allowed to go.

I brag most about the fact that this school is a "studious, but fun" school. Although the classes are extremely challenging, forcing you to work as part of a team, there's also a way to have fun on campus or in the surrounding area that is Philadelphia, Pennsylvania every day. Whether you like to party, listen to poetry or music, or discover new cultures, Penn is one of the best places to take on a mental challenge all while having loads of fun.

The beautiful and historic campus, the perfect balance of city and surburban life here, the remarkable talent we bring each year (lecturers, singers, etc), and the incredible amount of responsibility entrusted to student leaders of campus groups such as our programming board.

Penn is known as the social ivy with all of the offerings of Philadelphia (great restaurants, night life, concerts) with a strong and cohesive social life on campus. Placement into top grad schools and top finance/consulting jobs doesn't hurt either.

How different I am from the rest of the Penn population-- where they are a little snooty about the reputation of Penn, I prided myself on being open-minded and understanding of the merits of all colleges, no matter their ranking!

I love the location and my professors. I really enjoy being in a city and also love to be at a place that attracts leaders in their fields. It makes learning about the material more exciting and interesting.

It's an Ivy League school. I am involved in many activities and have successfully organized many events. I get good offers for internships and do good research with an esteemed PI.

Penn is one of the top schools in the nation in a great city with lots to do. The students are extremely intelligent and motivated, but they also know how to have fun.

I boast mostly of its recognition as an Ivy League member and that the University of Pennsylvania is home to the first medical school in the United States.