Philadelphia, PA

The size of Penn can be viewed as both a positive and a negative feature. While the size of each undergraduate class allows for a wide variety of cultural backgrounds and the expansion of a student's world views, it becomes easy to simply get lost in the crowd/ However, Penn's multifaceted student body also gives rise to copious amounts of student organizations. Therefore, the number of enrolled students can be approached differently by each individual; it's easy to become another student buried in academia, but it's just as easy to become someone of consequence.

Penn is a school without a face. It is almost impossible to escape the bureaucracy when an institution has 40,000 people actively affiliated with it, but I wish that Penn would be more understanding of students' individual needs; especially with regard to housing and dining Penn prioritizes money over student comfort. Somewhat related is the fact that even though there are 10,000 undergraduate students, our athletic teams are abysmal, and so camaraderie in the traditional American college sense just does not exist.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the math department. I'm only a sophomore at the university, but time and again I have heard many bad reviews of that department. It was only when I took a class in that department when I full-on recognized that the department needed development. It is too fast-paced, disorganized, and not student-friendly. It's a "you get it or you don't" environment, and if you ever get lost, it's going to be a hell of a swim to shore, if you now what I mean.

There is too much focus on finding a career after college -- there is a lot of competition toward that end, plus it makes junior and senior year stressful. Even if you plan to pursue a career in a field that hires after graduation (such as journalism), you feel the overall stress that pervades the campus thanks to the business school students who apply to jobs in the fall. And heaven forbid you be undecided!

The worst thing about my school is how much it costs and the weather. Most living areas are not the best either; however, those with the not greatest living spaces tend to have pretty good community living. This can also be a good thing but the competition in my school; depending in what college you're in, it can be more or less cut-throat.

Some of the students act too privileged and entitled. You can tell they have a lot of money and scoff at those who don't. Also, a lot of the classes in my major were lectures; I know this is not the case for all majors, but I wish I could have had smaller classes.

How judgemental people are about other peoples' social statuses. Most students here at least come from a priveleged background because the financial aid is not enough for most people. There is much emphasis on what people wear, and expensive trends here.

The only thing I don't like about Penn is the cost of tuition and how they calculate expected family contribution. My family's expected contribution was much higher than what we could actually afford and we were forcedto take out several loans.

The cost because attending an Ivy Leage College is a huge financial responsibility, not only for me, but for my family. The cost of participating in extra curriculars, such a fraternities and soroties can be costly.

The lack of sufficient financial aid considering how expensive an Ivy League education is. Also, I think groups tend to separate culturally too much since there are many opportunities to do so.