University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of University of Pennsylvania

A person who values being well-rounded should attend this school, as Penn is located in the heart of the West Philadelphia community. As a result, there are numerous opportunities for a student to give back to campus, thus having a keen interest in community service and volunteersim is essential. Furthermore, there are so many interdisciplinary majors and classes available, thus this student should be interested in multiple disciplines and curious enough to explore new academic fields. Also, this student should have a strong ambition to excel in all aspects of life, in being a leader to excelling in academics.

Someone who is very motivated and has a passion for learning and caring. The school of nursing wants individuals who have a voice and want to be leaders and advocates for their future patients. The school is located in West Philadelphia, which has a very diverse population to serve health care to. Students learn and volunteer at the top hospitals and clinicals in the country, where they learn and experience everything they need to be an excellent nurse. A Penn student should also be ambitious and outgoing, and have a passion for learning and experiencing new and different environments.

Academically-minded, perfectionistic overachievers who want an excellent education and are willing to sacrifice a part of their social life to get it. There is a part of Penn's campus that works hard and plays hard, but even the plays hard crowd will never be able to play as hard as students at a state school. Partially due to the work load, maybe also partially due to the personality of students drawn to the school. The students who are best suited for Penn are those who willingly accept the tradeoff between strong academics and a weak social life.

Students at Penn must have a thirst for excellence and drive to work harder than they ever have in high school in order to succeed. The level of dedication required at this school is extremely high since the workload is heavy and the difficulty of classes is very high. Persons who choose Penn should have a desire to interact with their fellow students in a social setting. Although succeeding at Penn does not require a strong social life, in order to have the greatest college experience at Penn, social interaction is imperative.

The type of person who should attend this school is a person who has a strong work ethic. Penn is full of the brightest minds from all over the world, and in order to succeed, one needs to invest a lot of time and effort. The person should also be passionate about what they are studying because their passion will drive them to maximize all of the incredible resources available to them at Penn. Most importantly, the person should be open because Penn exposes one to a wide variety of people, opportunities, and experiences.

I think that the type of person who should attend this school is very self motivated, a self starter. This person will not be afraid to seek out help when they deem it necessary. This person will be active and passionate about an array of activities and will juggle said activities with relative ease. I think a person who works hard and plays harder will do extremely well also. Penn is one of the best pre-career schools in the country. It is best for those who already have a sense of what they want to do after college.

Someone who "works hard and plays hard" (sort of an informal motto around here), meaning someone who knows how to handle time efficiently in order to get the most out of opportunities to work and play. Someone who is genuinely excited about learning, meeting people, and broadening both their horizons and others'. Someone who welcomes change (especially in regard to weather), tolerates construction, and isn't afraid of the unknown, from pop quizzes, to hidden mice and cockroaches.

This school is for dedicated, focused individuals who can study hard and "party harder", as they say. The school is fun, and the srrounding area is incredibly exciting, but a person hoping to go here has to be ready to deal with harder courses and the occasionally heavy workload. If they can deal with that, the rest (making friends, having fun, and getting a great education and a great job) will be easy.

I think anyone who is willing to work hard is capable of attending University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League. Anyone who has a dream, a goal, or has full commitment should attend UPenn. I think the students who want to take on a career in something they love, not what their family or friends push them to do, should contine their education at a prestigious school like UPenn.

The University of Pennsylvania has a well-earned reputation for being very academically competitive. Thus it is best suited for very driven students with a good work ethic. There is a good amount of diversity among the student body, however I'd like to see attendees who are more willing to think outside the box and bring fresher ideas into the classrooms.