Philadelphia, PA

I think the best think about my school, at least personally, is the cultural diversity that exists in not only the student population, but in the staff, faculty, and members of the community surrounding the campus. I feel like this group of people have done such a great job in promoting cultural interaction and noticing many needs and goods that could be done for the proximal areas of Philadelphia. Our groups here have focused much of their time into helping awareness of culture, doing good for those in need and really motivating student involvement in the community.

I think the best thing about my school are the faculty members that are helping me succeed and enjoy my experience at University of Pennsylvania. The professors are all leaders in nursing, making remarkable changes in healthcare and research. They are all very approachable and want us to succeed, even if that means staying a few minutes after class or in lab to teach and demonstrate anything I am struggling with or do not understand. I do not think many students in other programs have the chance to work with such remarkable and influential people.

The dual degree programs here, especially the Huntsman program in International Studies and Business, provide a good blend of liberal arts and pre-professional study that will prove extremely beneficial in the future. Not only are these programs well-renowned and extremely competitive, but they provide students with an opportunity to break out of the generic college requirement schedule that defines the college career of most students. Someone can really differentiate themselves by entering one of these very selective and advantageous programs.

The best thing about Penn is definitely its location. There are bars to go to around campus, and there are loads of restaurants, clubs and bars just a short ride away. Not to mention that there are lots of great things to do in the city from museums to exhibits and art galleries. There is also huge parks throughout the city that split up the monotonous grey buildings. Penn's campus is gorgeous and really makes sure that there is greenery even though we are in the middle of the city. Accessible and pretty.

The intense energy that comes from and flows into everyone and every thing on campus: everyone is passionate about something, from Southeast Asain dance traditions to Journalism to the company they are starting. If you're ever feeling bored, all you've got to do is walk down Locust Walk, the main artery of campus, and you will find hundreds of fellow students trying to get you to come to their events or support their causes. The level of student involvement in extracurriculars is phenomenal.

My parents always joke saying that they don't know when I go to class. In addition to a huge variety of classes, there is an abundance of extracurricular activities and clubs - sports teams, community service, arts, political activism. These clubs give me a social network of people that have similar interests and are passionate about them. I am able to meet all different types of people by joining different groups.

Penn gives stuents the opportunity to find their niche. There are over two hundred different clubs which receive more than 3 million dollars of university sponsored funding each academic year, so there is literally something for everyone. I have made my best friends, had the most fun, created the best memories and learned the most about myself and about the world through my extra curricular involvement.

The best thing about my school is the variety of people you meet and the unended opportunities you can create for yourself in the future. Everyone tends to be unique and friendly in their own ways. The school provides many doors for you to open yourself or with the help of the school to future carreers. It is easy to get involved on campus in many different ways and in many different fields.

The quality of the education is unparalleled in my opinion. The school's environment makes you grow up quickly, and really develop yourself. The school is very professionally oriented, and I think that's a plus, especially given the nature of the job market and economy is general. People here are generally proud to attend our school, but they can get mired in the work, and often complain.

Well I think that the academics are great and I really like all of the opportunities that an education from the University of Pennsylvania can bring. I am also involved in a fantastic dance company called Penn Dance that has allowed me to meet many great people and it has also given me the chance to work on my technique as a dancer.