University of Phoenix-Online Campus

« See more reviews of University of Phoenix-Online Campus

A successful online student requires certain specific characteristics that are not necessary the same as those of a traditional college. The 'ideal' prospective student has clear goals, a proactive approach to school work, and a thorough method of study . Without a long term strategy to sustain one's effort the short term difficulties of distance learning can be overwelming. Online students don't experience those factors that keep traditional students on track such as physical attendance, traditional lectures, real time answers. Without traditional support any omission can be potentially catastrophic for those seeking high standards of academic achievement.

Opportunity awaits at University of Phoenix for any person wishing to attend. This school doesn't discriminate against anyone. The staff and faculty make you feel welcome from the first step of your journey and they are there for assistance should you need it. The overall personality of the school shines through its students and staff. You won't have to second guess if you have made the right decision. The resources available at the school is not only to assist in your educational journey but also for your life journey as well. Assistance is available 24 hours a day.

A person with a goal or a desire to attend school but no way to. This school is a learning experience on it's own but it does give you the sources to achieving you desired degree. The UoP online courses are for people with families, children, lives that would cause them no time to attend an actual school or university. Doing your classes online at three o'clock in the morning is alot easier than trying to find a babysitter for your month old baby. These are some of the reasons I enjoy the UoP.

Any kind of person can attend this school; that is what's so great about it. I have encountered so many different people in my 3 years. Individuals who just graduated high school, men & women in their 20's & 30's who are working full-time jobs, people with professional careers in their area & people who are still finding their interests, single & working parents, individuals who lost their job due to layoffs or cutbacks & decided to go back to school, 40 & 50 year olds who just want to finish their degree. You will meet so many inspiring people attending UoP.

This school is focused on education for the working individual. The online classes require at least 4 out of seven days a week and assignments are due on a specific date. The Bachelor's programs require Learning Teams where students collaborate on particular assignments. This is to teach team building skills that are valuable in the workplace, but can be frustrating to some students as their grade may be dependent on another student. Students must be organized and able to self-learn without lecture instruction to succeed in this school.

High school graduates, especially interpersonal people should defiantly attend University of Phoenix. This school is people friendly, and is very social. A place where one can meet great people and make new friends. Also, one will never feel lost and alone academically speaking. This is because University of Phoenix offers you a graduation team. The graduation team will always be there to answer questions and guide you through a successful college life. University of Phoenix will give every student a great college experience to remember.

The University of Phoenix - Online Campus is perfect for individuals that can motivate and discipline themselves enough to learn from home. Attending college online is an excellent choice for any individual that needs a flexible course schedule that will work around their already existing schedules. Environmentalists should, also, enjoy the online campus because it is environmentally friendly. Online students do not have to drive to school so the air stays cleaner, and the trees get to live longer since less paper products are used.

Everyone that cannot afford to dedicate full time hours to pursue a college education because they must work are great candidates for University of Phoenix online. Single parents, military personnel, and those who live too far from a college campus especially benefit from University of Phoenix because University of Phoenix allows students to attend school full time, without having to dedicate full time hours in person. For many, University of Phoenix allows them to get a college education that might not otherwise be possible.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who has a goal for a higher education and has a love for learning. This person cannot be afraid of hard work. This school is fast paced and very challenging so this person will have to have excellent time management and organizational skills in order to help him/her be successful. This person will need to work well in a team because in every class, he/she will be required to be a member of a team so have a good attitude and stay positive. You will succeed!

You should be very self motivated and able to learn on your own. Since this is an on-line college, you are in charge of being disiplined enough to read the text in time to have the discussions with the class and be able to interact on the assignments from the professors. The other difficult part is being able to teach yourself. For example, in math, there are extra internet sites that UOP will send you to that will assist in the learning of a math method. This is very helpful and is how the rest of the courses are.