Johnstown, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

I believe that Pitt Johnstown is a great campus for students entering any major. The professors are experts in their field and are always willing to help students in need. Our facilities and housing are great on campus and make my college experience great.

Ivana

Overall, University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown is a decent school. The academics are great particularly for nursing and engineering majors. Besides that, the campus resembles a highschool due to it's small environment and student population. The surrounding town is vehemently dangerous. Most of the students here lack true education on current events, even past, that are happening in our society. I sense a lack of community here as well. Disregarding the bad here, the class sizes and student to teacher ratio are promising. Students are able to develop a professional relationship with their professors and most professors are easily accessible if a student needs help.

Eleana

If I had the option, I would have given UPJ half of a star. I attended UPJ for a year and then transferred to a different school. The school is extremely small and most students are commuters, so there is barely anyone on campus during the weekends. There are not many opportunities here or extra curricular, so it is easy to get bored here. There are a few students who enjoy going here, but most are unhappy. If you are looking for a real and fulfilling college experience, do not go here.

Abbey

It's a small school but a good one. Very nice people on campus. It's a beautiful campus.

Madeline

The campus is very nice. Fall season in Johnstown is gorgeous, but winters are brutal. The class sizes here are very small which is nice. Faculty on campus, such as administrative positions are not vert helpful. Food, everyday, is a hit or miss, on campus. Off campus there is really nothing to do other than go to Walmart.

UPJ is a beautiful campus. It is surrounded by trees, so it is like it is in the middle of the woods, but it is less than 10 minutes from Walmart and the mall. The campus has a gym with an indoor track and a rock climbing wall. Classes are close to each other and takes no less than 5 minutes to walk to class.

Erin

My classmates are helpful, friendly, and supportive.

My classmates are helpful, friendly, and supportive.

Dear 18 year old me, The college decision process is a very difficult one. You hope you make the right choice but there are so many factors to take into consideration that you don't even know yet. I know right now you think you waat to go to a large university with stadium seating lecture halls where you can remain invisible. However the future you will find the ability to converse one on one with not only your classmates but your instructors an invaluable asset. You were concerned that going to a small school with a number of students you attended grade school and/or high school with would be a problem. What you didn't know was how comforting it would be to see familiar caring faces every day and how much it would make the transition to living away from home much easier. Don't be afraid to go to a different school than other family members. Be yourself and let yourself grow. A large university may not be the best solution for everyone.

The winter climate tends to foster cabin fever.

Thomas

Since I did not go straight to school out of high school I would give myself some advice about what to do when i did get ready for college and to not be lazy and to find an apartment so I don't have to live in the dorms.

The gym has limited equiptment and area for certain activities.

Logan

My school is best known for its engineering program and nursing program.

My school is best known for its engineering program and nursing program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would tell myself to study hard, to get good grades and just grasp, as much knowledge as I possibly can. The reason why is I wasted so much time doing pointless stuff, when I could be trying learn new and useful skills. I would also tell myself to try to make as much money as possible. So I don’t struggle financially as much as I do. Another thing I would tell myself is to take college more seriously and not take it as an easy task. Even though it will not be an easy task, it will be a fun and life changing task. Most importantly I would tell myself to apply myself, to my fullest potential and not to hold myself back, in fear of messing up or failing. With that point being made I would also tell myself I need to embrace failure and accept it’s going to happen. That I need to learn from them and grow from them.

The thing I consider to be best about my school would be how friendly people are and how well people get alone with on another.

UPJ is an academically sound and very promising school for any student, they are more than just a institution from where you can earn a degree from, they are like a family that wants to help everyone in hopes they will succeed in school and life which everyone wants.

College is something you need to take serious and if you can’t take it serious you need to realize you you’re the only one holding yourself back. You didn’t come from money and you told yourself growing up that you never wanted to struggle with finances but without doing well in school you might not get a good job, so you’re going to struggle. You need to get good grades and work as hard as you can because this is the rest of your life you’re looking at. Learn as much as you can so when you graduate you can confidently say you know a lot in your field and you will do a great in any situation you are put in. Be proud of yourself and how hard you work, both at school and at work. When you do something do it with the best you have, don’t slack or make excuses. Be the best person you can be so in the end you can say you tried your hardest and know it’s not a lie.

The staff they have makes the campus such a wonderful place. The professors work hands on to make sure everyone understands the topic at hand. If a student’s needs help they make sure they make time and work on a one to one level until that student understands fully and they are where they need to be with the class. This means a lot to the students. It’s not just the professors who make the campus great; the staffs in the offices are very helpful as well. They are very polite and eager to help anyone.

University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.