Johnstown, PA
University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown

Caitlin

To stay focused, and to work harder throughout my Senior year. I feel I have so much wasted talent because I did not apply myself throughout highschool. I would tell myself about what College has showed me about myself; my strengths and my weaknesses. I would tell myself to study more, and focus on the kind of future I have always wanted for myself. I would also tell myself to do my best to keep in touch with friends because College can be a very lonely place when you have lost all of your true friends. I would also remind myself that my parents will always be my biggest fans.

I feel that this school has something everyone could need. There are 80+ clubs at UPJ for individuals to join. We have everthing from soroities and fraternities, Language clubs such as french, german and spanish. There are Outdoor Clubs, Intramurals and so much more!

Someone who is not serious about succeeding and learning to think critically. An individual that is not interested in being active socially probably would not feel comfortable at UPJ.

Brock

Finding the right college should first be addressed by academics (i.e. major availability and reputation), and then on location, and finally on cost. If a decision still can't be reached after sifting through the options, then the student's reaction to the campus upon a college visit should act as the deciding factor between any competing schools. When trying to make the most of the college experience, I think it is important to take the time up to the first exam to learn or relearn how to study. The first exam marks should then be used to evaluate the techniques tried. Any students should keep in mind that having fun and blowing off steam isn't only enjoyable, but is an absolute necessity. Take the time to hang out with friends, and especially make sure you allow yourself study breaks to recharge your mind. You won't learn nearly as effectively if your mind is never allowed to reorient itself and is constantly bombarded to the point of numbness.

The surrounding area closes very early, at least for those who want to find activities in the area that do not involve alcohol.

The professor/student relationships that I have been able to foster during my enrollment.

UPJ is a friendly, challenging university

UPJ is a friendly, challenging university

Choose a college where you are comfortable. Base your decision on an enviroment that suites you best.

I wish I would have known how difficult the courseload would be.

Aubrey

Make sure it is somewhere you want to go. You have to find a place that makes you feel comfortable and like a home. Remember home is where the heart is. To have your heart in a place where you want to learn helps even more and keeps you motivated! You won't always find it on the first pick, you have to try out a few options. Pay a visit, maybe even stay over night. Just pick the one that you feel the best at . Thats the way to find the right college for you!

How helpful the teachers are when you need it the most, plus the area in which the school is it. It's set in the middle of the woods but everything you need is only a ten minute drive away!

Anyone can, because if you need help you can get it! However if you aren't there to learn then you shouldn't come because as much time as the teachers give, they aren't going to hold your hand the whole time.

My school is a school that individualizes you, you are not just a number in a class. The profesors are willing to help and it seems like they realy care about how you do in their class and in life.

The one thing i would say would be to go with your gut. When you step on the campus that is right for you, you should just feel it. But also, i would say look as the student to faculity ratio. You don't want to be just a number to your profesors. You want them to know your name and know who you are. And lastly, get involved. Every college has many different clubs and activities. Look for a club that has to do with your major and join that. This will help you to get to know upper classmen in yout major and they will come in as a big help to you by telling you which professors and classes are the best to take. It will also help you make friends and a big part of college is being social.

Someone who likes country type areas and a peacefull setting. Deffanitly not a city person.

They are proud, smart, and driven towards what they want.

They are proud, smart, and driven towards what they want.

If you are looking for a place that is not too far from your family but enough space for you to grow into your own person, look for a place that is 2-3 hours away. There is always going to be a great school somewhere around you that has exactly what you want. I never saw myself staying at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown for all four years, but I managed to form a life here. College is what you make it. I started with no friends and now everytime I go somewhere I see someone I know. But be sure that academics are high on your list for picking a great school. Also, get involved on campus. It is a great opportunity to see what you are capable of doing while having a great time. So visit schools, meet people, and be sure "the shoe fits" before you make your decision!

Chose an environment that you will be comfortable in because you are going to spend the next four years of your life married to the college of your choice. If you are a country person and like small class chose a smaller school. If you are a city person and like the night life go to a bigger college closer to the city. Just choose what is you!

A city a person that likes likes the night life.

Sydney

My classmates tend to be lethargic and lackadaisical, they get their work done, but don?t enjoy or learn anything from it.

My advice to any incoming college student is that the college you choose isn't what matters. You need to pick the right learning environment for you, and choose a place that you will enjoy living and learning for the next couple years of your life. College can be the best years of your life, but you have to be mentally prepared. It is no walk in the park, and you will NOT get by as easily as you did in high school, trust me. The best advice I can give is to be aware of what?s going on around you. Read the information pamphlets, take advantage of the opportunities on campus, and get involved!

I wish I had known more about required classes and general education courses instead of jumping into the first major I thought was right for me.

To find the best college for you, go on as many tours and visits as possible. After you see enough you will start to get a feeling for what you like best. Try to visit a variety, big ones, small ones, 2 year and 4 year schools. The more you go to the more likely you will find one that fits you, and besides even if you don?t like the school you will probably get lots of free stuff at the tour! To make the most of your experience you need to be open to trying new things, I?m not saying break laws, but get out and have fun. Join clubs, hang out with new people, and go on trips offered by the school. Most importantly don?t be afraid of new experiences, if you don?t like it, don?t try it again, but you never know you may find a new passion!

the friendly environment, its not too big and crazy or too tiny and boring. you can keep a car on campus and you dont have to take a bus just to get to class. there are lots of things to do you just have to be open to trying new things

it can get pretty chilly in the winter, the roads off campus can get nasty too

My school is best known for it's engineering program. It is one of the best in the state.

When looking for a school, don't just choose based on where your friends are going on the cost. Take some time, do some research and pick the right college for you.

It has a very nice setting. Its located in the mountains of PA. The community around it is very small but it is historic. The climate is very suitable as well. Its a very nice school, with a small population. You don't have to worry about being just another face in the crowd around here.

University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.