University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

« See more reviews of University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

Yes, this school has tons of spirits and game days can be intense, but that's part of what makes Pitt so much fun. In terms of drinking and partying, I think we're like any other big university. There are definitely a lot of kids here that love to go get wasted, but there are SO many different types of people at Pitt you never feel like the crowd is homogeneous. If you're not into partying, there's tons of stuff to do and people to hang out with. Most students are friendly, smart and serious about school.

These stereotypes are not completely accurate. Yes, we have a lot of students who participate in sports, and I'm sure there are students who went to Pitt after being turned down by their first choice school. However, there are plenty of students attending Pitt for the academics and atmosphere. Pitt is full of a wide variety of students, I don't think this University could ever fit a certain type of mold.

This stereotype is definitely not accurate. Pitt is much more diverse that many people would assume, including from an academic standpoint. Several of its academic programs are top 10.

Yes, most students I have met are of a high caliber intellectually even though there are a few that that you have to wonder how the hell they got into this school.

NO! - except for the Urban campus part. There's tons of stuff to do and hundreds of activities to get involved...you just need to look for it!

Not at all. While those people are here, most are down to earth and it's definately not difficult to meet people you'd get along with.

No, Oakland is hardly a city...yet it is always active. No, it is only about 3.5 hours nonstop from lancaster.

Definitely not, females at Pitt are very intelligent and very hard workers.

For the most part but kids are going to party at EVERY college.

No, they just go into hiding during the winter.