University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

« See more reviews of University of Pittsburgh-Pittsburgh Campus

We've got one landmark that no one else does - our 40-floor gigantic building called the Cathedral of Learning. It looks just like you imagine the beautiful cathedrals of England to be, except tall, skinny, and secular. The architecture and atmosphere inside is awesome, especially on the first floor in the common room, which is open 24 hours for students to study. The view from the higher floors is magnificent, and you will definitely have a couple classes there in your time at Pitt. If you're lucky, the class might be in one of the cathedral's "nationality rooms" - rooms decorated to with aspects of the culture and architecture of a certain country.

The best thing about Pitt was its urban campus. Granted, this is a subjective preference, but I, personally, loved the fact that I had access to professional and collegiate (Division 1) sporting events, great shopping, theaters and special events all within minutes of the school I was attending. Pittsburgh is typically regarded as an old steel town, but anyone coming to the city for the first time will quickly learn that that's not true. It's a very cultural town and it's growing. It's a big small town, but students have access to just about anything.

There are tons of classes to choose from, and the professors will help you if you need it (although sometimes they take a little while getting back to you about a time). You can ride the buses to any of the surrounding neighborhoods and districts practically for free - the fee is included in fees and tuition per semester. There's always something going on that you can participate in, the blood bank shows up frequently, and you can schedule your day however you want. It's all of this put together into freedom that I like best.

The school is located in an area that gives a small school feeling to the students. At the same time though, it is a larger school with great opportunities to learn and gain the experience needed to succeed in the real world. After a long week of school work and studying, there are no excuses to be bored either. If you cannot find something fun and exciting to do in the surrounding area of campus, there are many other exciting places to hangout (other than bars and night clubs) just a bus ride away!

I love that the University of Pittsburgh a city campus school, meaning we are emersed in the city. There is always something to do! Personally, the best thing, though, is that my school is surrounded by hospital systems which allows for amazing opportunities to those pursuing health related professions. The health professions really excel at this university and many of the programs are nationally top ranked. The specific program I am in is one of only 50 accredited programs in the nation.

The best thing about Pitt has to be the amount of connections they have to the outside world. Career counseling is wonderful, and the people are all very helpful. They have a huge database of alumni with whom one can get in touch for intern opportunities or just even some information about a certain field. Pitt has a ton of connections, and that's important whether it's for getting a job out of college or moving on to grad school. And they are always willing to help!

It is very large, more than 20,000 students attend the University of Pittsburgh. While this is overwhelming at times, it is also refeshing. There are many unique and interesting people to meet and new friends to make everyday. Also, since the school is so large, there are countless opportunities for research, your studies, clubs/activities that you can become involved in or become interested in. Everyone can find something that they like and a place to belong.

The best thing about my school is the push to be a well-rounded student. They don't want you to just be capable of doing well academically, but they want you to be diverse in every other aspect of your life. Whether it's joining a club for sports, language, the arts, etc., or becoming a part of a fraternity or sorority, they want you to have that college experience that will enable you to enter the "real world" with ease and confidence.

The best thing about my school is probably its place within Pittsburgh. It really gives you a good opportunity to land internships and the like, which are very important to any college kid. Also, the career center is amazing. They hold all kinds of networking events and job fairs. They are also always available to review your resume or give mock interviews, as well as help you to find resources about your potential career path

The computing services and libraries located on campus offer an excellent resource for students to use throughout the semester. Many computer programs are offered at almost no cost to the students and they also have great repair services if you are having problems with your computer. I have found that the libraries will bend over backward in order to retrieve books, articles, and other resources at no cost as well.