University of Richmond, VA
University of Richmond

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Richmond

Joseph

I will send my trancription of clark college, Vancouver, WA. 98663 and recommendation letters. Please support me the shcolarship to pay tuition and books for 2011-2012 accademic year. Thank you

I am currently in my second year of college and I have learned what it means to be independent and have responsibility. Parents are usually there to constantly tell their children what to do and how to do it,. Once students goes off to college, there is no parental figure to guide them through their life. They must figure things out on their own and learn from their own mistakes. I believe that college is an important asset to the development of one's life. It helps an individual discover what he or she wishes to accomplish and be, build character, and apply the knowledge received in developing future careers. In other words, to become a successful adult.

The most frustrating thing would be not being able to have a flexible meal plan. I believe that after your first year of college, you should be able to choose what kind a meal plan you want.

I wish I had known how mentally challenging the classes would be in that students are required to be active participants and go beyond what is asked of them.

Brian

The rigor of work and no dead week to complete assignments at the end of the semester.

The worst thing about University of Richmond is that the Deans are very fickle: the way they weight issues of campus importance is odd, and they are highly inconsistent in the application/enforcement of the rules.

From my college experience I have discerned who I am and who I do not want to be. Some of my peers, having been born with many luxuries I could only dream of affording, often display a narrow-minded, priveledged, and selfish outlook on life. The "Richmond bubble" (UR students) studiously ignores the simultaneously impoverished, yet vibrant city of Richmond complaining there is nothing to do. Richmond has a world of plight that could be solved if students cared to get involved. I found a passion for social justice through my volunteer efforts. With so many non-profit organizations in the area, it is impossible NOT to find something to do, that would allow individuals to engage the community and really make a difference. My eyes have been opened more widely to see poverty because of blatant displays of gaudiness and wealth-braggarts. Not everyone can afford to jump flight to Europe for a week much less afford periodic weekend flights cross-country for family visits. I want to be the person who spends money sponsoring scholarships, not on buying needless and useless luxuries.

Amani

It is a small, private, predominantly white university (with a significant percentage of international students) that is both rigorous and rewarding--academic, professional, economic, political, and social resources and opportunities abound, and 98% of people here will hold the door for you.

At the University of Richmond, I have had the best preparation for and support through life's rollercoaster, both ups and downs. The academics are rigorous and the professors expect my best, but it has all developed me into a more informed, analytical, perceptive, and responsible student, woman, and citizen. I have discovered what true friendship is through a few students here, and I have witnessed others do the same. I have created invaluable relationships with professors, faculty, staff, and alumni as a result of their desire and willingness to be available for and provide assistance to students. I have the opportunity to do everything I want here, from studying abroad to dancing for three years with an African dance company, from networking with professionals (and securing internships) to joining a public service sorority. The university goes through lengths to make sure we as students have the best possible college experience and that all of our time and effort spent is worthwhile. Here, I feel like I am not just a number, but I am a face, a personality, a voice, a force, and the entire campus community is driven to ensure and support that reality.

This school is not for people who are not independently motivated and disciplined, who would prefer a large campus community, who are not friendly, who don't work well with people holding different interests/views, who don't take their school work seriously, who can't multi-task.

Christina

Beautiful campus, superb academics, awesome kids

Beautiful campus, superb academics, awesome kids

Must be incredibly motivated and a hard worker, usually preppy but doesn't have to be, knows what they want in the future yet still likes to meet friends and have fun

As a young child, college was a gigantic far away place without parents and full of teenagers who had reached the so-called "13th grade." It was place of intellect and learning that was part of the real world so out of reach for a child. As one grows this idea of college changes to one of a forbidden land with no dreaded rules and represents epitome of freedom. Going to college, I really had no idea what to expect. I didn't know whether it would be academically difficult, socially straining, or remarkably heavenly. But after finishing freshman year I have realized what college is about; there is a definite difference between the idle high school senior and the college student. College has taught me to form my own opinions and to form them wisely with backup reasons and logical reasoning. College has taught me to think of the world or what it need from me and what I need to expect from myself. I can learn whatever I want as an undergraduate and I can go wherever I please for here. It has taught me the simple lesson that dreams can come true.

Alexandrea

Business and campus beauty

Business and campus beauty

When advising my high school self, I would be sure to encourage myself to be outgoing when I first got to school. All the other freshmen are in the same situation and everybody is anxious and nervous. By meeting as many people as possible in the first few months, it is easier to find where you fit into school and gives you a feel for all the is out there. It also a lot easier to adjust to a new school when people at the university know you and smile at you around campus.

Nikia

The advice I would give to myself is to be 100% completely responsible for all actions I assume and receive. I would focus on my studies and not accumulate non-educational debt such as credit card bills and personal loans. IIwould work a part time job between 10 to 15 hours a week on campus, and save the money that I earned for emergency purposes and to buy necessities such as personal hygiene products and school supplies. I would be involved in study groups to improve my grades, which can help me achieve better grades. Throughout this process, I would continue to obtain my four year degree within the appropriate time span for a person to graduate.

LaShonda

Anyone that is lazy, scared of late nights and long hours, doesn't like to read or search for deeper meaning in texts should not attend this school. Some people say that UR (University of Richmond) should mean Unlimited Reading; here at UR we are readers, we eat, breathe and sleep books. Moreover, if you are someone who does not take head to instruction well, likes to make non-plausible excuses and parties excessively without being able to fullt recover in time to function as you should; this university is not for you.

I was so excited about college, a new world that I was about to embark upon. I expected college to be one perfect combination of fun and hard work, where I would easily meet people and form new relationships that would take me further in life. How wrong was I about college? Well, let me tell you, it is not a perfect combination of fun and hard work. I never expected so much reading, and so many late weeknights writing papers on things I knew I didn't understand. Then the weekend would come and party invites would pour in, however, you have 3 papers and 4 reading dues between Monday and Wednesday. Moreoever, many people are not coming to meet you, you have to put yourself out there, exposing yourself to both acceptance and rejection. If I could have known my former self, I would have told LaShonda to ensure that her time management skills are sharpened, to not fear asking for help and that if anything is most important in college, it is sleeping, eating and handing in high quality work on time.

The classroom dynamic is the best thing about the University of Richmond. Many perceive university professors as either hard, or easy, but who would have imagined that they would become friends or close acquaintences. Here at the university, our professors not only serve as dispensers of knowledge but as counselors and confidants. Students and professors gather outside of the classroom, be it at lunch or dinner to discuss any range of appropriate matters.

I believe the phrase "CALM DOWN!" would definitely need to be said for the chaos that was senior year. I didn?t know how lucky I would be in my transition to college. Though I was tense to the point of stress-balls and fingernail chewing, I somehow managed to make the best out of my opportunities. I actually have the ?I loved my school the moment I stepped on campus? relationship with Richmond. I applied early decision I not only got in, I got an enormous sum of financial aid! Everything somehow worked out for the best. I?d like to have been advised to completely throw myself into everything possible in college ? however weird it may seem at first. Originally I tried things that I never would have considered in high school, for I had the opportunity, free time and motivation. I enjoyed concerts, the international club, badminton, student government, the outdoors club... ?why not? became my daily mantra! And I loved every second of it. Also, I would have told myself to ditch the boyfriend, quite honestly. I?d like to advise every high-school senior out there that long distance relationships do NOT work.

Someone who is really acedemically motivated, can work hard and play hard, and who is looking for the intimate small campus scene.

It is very preppy and one HAS to have a pretty extensive wardrobe to fit in. The racial homogeneity is pretty overwhelming (there is very little diversity).

Kate

This school is a very work-intensive place with many stressors and high expectations.

Many of my classmates are hard-working, focused, and driven people, but the majority of the students are stereotypical rich New England kids that are disrepectful and expect things handed to them.

If I was able to go back and have a chat with myself during my senior year, I would try to make myself understand the type of stress and workload I was signing up for. My past self would have to make the decision of whether to choose the school with ridiculously high academic standards with the knowledge of how hard it really will be. Knowing I could get a much easier education in state with a full-ride scholaship instead of paying much more for a shockingly increased workload as compared to high school would make the choice of coming to Richmond much more difficult. I would tell myself to be even more outgoing in my courses with mixed class levels so I could make a broader base of friends. I know that I would need to reinforce the fact that I shouldn't ever lose sight of who I know I am in the face of difficult social situations that are a staple of college life.

University of Richmond administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.