University of Richmond, VA
University of Richmond

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Richmond

Keaton

Wealthy and preppy kids. Social life revolves around fraternitys. It has a very beautiful campus.

It is small and has a beautiful campus.

I would advise parents and students to visit different schools and keep and open mind set. Don't just apply to schools that you hear about from others or that your friends are applying to. There are so many good colleges out there that have so much to offer you, its just a matter of what you want to get out of your college experience. I learned to love the University of Richmond after being depressed for the majority of my freshman year. I wanted to transfer... but I couldn't pin down why. My sophmore year, I started getting involved in more activities and started taking classes that I was truly interested in and started reaching out to people I never would have talked to. My experience and vision of the University of Richmond changed instantly. My grades began to go up, I partied less but had more friends, and I began to develop strong relationships with my professors. I started having fun not because of the partying, but because I felt that I was starting to be successful, doing things that I really wanted to do. I joined the Varsity Soccer team as a walk on shortly after!

Kathleen

A liberal, ethnic minority, from a low socioeconomic status or poor neighborhood who dislikes socializing, partying, and generally being energetic and outgoing.

Look at class size, whether or not classes are often taught by TAs rather than professors, how much on-campus housing there is and how easy it is to get it, how active the social life is on campus on the weekends, the safety of the surrounding area, and if the campus is involved with activities you enjoy (such as sports, helping the community, greek life, etc.).

Timeka

The wonderful services and facilities creates a convenient "bubble " that students rarely need to leave because all the essentials are provided.

I would tell students to take their time to research and visit as many schools as possible when going through the process. I made the mistake of not visiting many schools and therefore not knowing what they had to offer. Take into account important factors such as class size, school location, financial aid, and student involvement on campus. Do not let the cost of a particular school hinder your decision to apply. There are a variety of sources that will help to pay for college education. Making the most of your college experience is also very important. This is your chance to make lifetime friends and perhaps see the world. Take advantage of study abroad programs and summer internships. Make sure you find the balance between academics and a social life. You don't want college to be over and wish you would have done that one spring break and you also don't want to party so much that your grades suffer so much that it is more difficult for you to succeed at the next level in life. Good luck!

Lack of ethnic and cultural diversity.

William

Very intelligent, focused individuals, able to spend long hours completing extensive projects and other assignments.

Find a place that suits your needs, both academically and socially. Know that both of these are very important in the things that you are going to take from your time at a university. Take advantage of whatever opportunities that come your way, but don't be willing to sacrifice your morals and personal ideals in order to impress those around you. College is a time to allow you to become sure of the person you are, to allow you to gain confidence in your own skin, and to show you that there are many other ways of looking at the world around you than you may have realized living at home with your parents.

Alisa

When choosing the right college, make sure to not only focus on the academics area but also check out the type of students that attend the college to see if it is a good fit for your social life because that will be a major part of your college experience as well.

There is not much diversity and even though everyone is nice, for some reason everyone seems to notice that it is not that easy to make friends because everyone is always preoccupied with themselves.

It is much more challenging than my high school was.

Tigran

Beautiful campus, beautiful girls and we have a squad of geese that protect us

Beautiful campus, beautiful girls and we have a squad of geese that protect us

I would have to say the best thing about the school is the life long friendships you begin here.

Visit the schools that your children are interested in; let them spend a night at the college in question that is; uncensored because in this way they will experience a regular day at the school and thus be able to make decisions. A day in class, and a day in the social life: those are the two factors that helps bring a decision to light

Chelsea

Richmond has a great balence of strengths. It's in a residential part of Richmond, but the city is so accessible that there is always a lot to do. The Greek community is strong and a blast to be a part of, but you can be independent and still maintain a fun social life. The students like to work hard and play hard, so you're learning a lot while also having the time of your life.

I thought I was going to a Southern campus, but in reality, U of R draws its students mostly from the Northeast! It ended up being a great blend of Northeastern students and a very Southern city--a wonderful experience for this Midwestern girl.

Senior year of high school is obviously a stressful time, but make the most of it! As my parents and I looked at schools and talked about what I really wanted out of the college experience, it was an opportunity for us to grow closer as a family. Choosing a school is a lot like decorating a room: you have to have an inspiration piece. Choose a geographical region, a specific degree, or an overall campus "feel" that you know would suit you well, and then go from there. It's a good idea to choose a "safety" school, along with several you feel fairly confident you could get into and at least one that is something of a "reach" for you. With this strategy, you won't have to stress quite as much about where you'll get in...and as my Dad told me, you should go to the very best school you can get into! Lastly, don't be afraid to try again. Three of my friends transfered after our freshman year, and I made three NEW transfer friends the next year! All six of those girls were exponentially happier with their second college experience.

How much I would appreciate it after graduating!

How much I would appreciate it after graduating!

That more people across the U.S. don't know about it and appreciate it's rigorous academics enough.

In order to find the right college, visit as many colleges as you can and gather as much information as you can. After that, close your eyes, and go with what your gut tells you. Don't think about what anyone else tells you or wants you to do. It's not them who will be living and existing there for four years, it's you - so do what makes you happy! While you're in college, make the most of every opportunity and experience - college may be the last chance you have to take that class on Roman architecture (even if you're a English major) or to drive to the beach with friends and watch the sun rise. You want to be able to look back at college and say you lived it to its fullest potential.

Fran

They have a really good business school and really good science/ pre-med department.

Someone who is interested in academics, yet wants to have fun as well.

It is important to look at what kind of learning environment is best for the you. I learned more at this small school with small class sizes and lots of individual attention. I got to know my professors, and was not just a social security number like I would have been if I had gone to a big state school. Also when looking at schools, I feel it is important to look at the type of people that attend that school. This can say a lot about what it will be like socially.

University of Richmond administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.