University of Richmond

« See more reviews of University of Richmond

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

All the girls are hot, wealthy, went to private schools, they excercise more than is healthy, they worry about what they eat too much, they all join greek life wear polo, lacoste, loafers, Vineyard Vines, are all blonde (not naturally) and much where pearls. The guys wear Vineyard Vines, wear sunglasses with those holders that keep them on them around their neck, they wear pastels readily and are really stuck up. They also join frats at a very high rate.

"Pretty campus, pretty people." Richmond is steryotypically full of extremly preppy, rich, white people from up north. It is also often described as the "Richmond Bubble." It's not the real world, nor representative of the actual population. You cannot escape the bubble; all of campus is its own little pseudo-world, sheltered and disallusioned from the realities of life.

We are a bunch of affluent, white, J.Crew-wearing Northeasterners who want to get a good education while attending a school that looks more like a country club than a college. All of the girls wear pearls and dresses to class. You better not even think of wearing sweatpants outside of your dorm room.

Many people see the typical Richmond student as the preppy, white, upper class kid who wears Polo, Lacoste, JCrew. When you think Richmond, you think preppy. I think, because of the tuition cost, people usually stereotype Richmond students as stuck up, disconnected from the real world by money.

Richmond is a place where every student has a different story, and if you look past the surface, you'll find interesting backgrounds and lots of different kinds of people.

Being from California I did not know any stereotypes before I attended. But I've heard that Richmond students supposedly walked right out of an Abercrombie & Fitch ad.

The the University of Richmond student body is homgeneous in nature comprised of afluent white Notherners. Richmond also is plagued by an "ivory tower" image.

The white students feel that black people do not belong their, or did not work hard to get their because they are on academic scholarship.

The biggest stereotype about Richmond students is that they are wealthy white kids from New England, New Jersey, and New York.

Preppies abound at UR. Collared shirts, not always popped though, and polo with those stupid little Nantucket red pants. Gay.