University of Rochester Top Questions

Is the stereotype of students at University of Rochester accurate?

Madeline

While Rochester students are dedicated to their academics, they also know how to have fun. There are definitely opportunities for all types of students in terms of events. Also, the students are not just interested in the sciences. The arts and humanities also have a prominent presence on campus.

Madeline

While Rochester students are dedicated to their academics, they also know how to have fun. There are definitely opportunities for all types of students in terms of events. Also, the students are just interested in the sciences. The arts and humanities also have a prominent presence on campus.

Alice

The nerdy part is true. As for rich most people are middle class and up, but there's quite a few people from lower income families. The financial aid packages are pretty generous.

Erika

No! Ok, we are pretty nerdy here, but we're more like the really relaxed nerds- we do study hard, but we're not obsessive about it. And the social thing is ridiculous. There's a million things to do on campus! We're not RIT, we're New Ivy. lol

Tessa

Unfortunately these stereotypes are true in most circumstances, but thankfully not all. I for one am not the stereotypical Rochester student, I did not choose Rochester because I didn't get into an Ivy league school but rather it was one of my top choices. And for the stereotype about the University, it seems to be true for much of the larger natural science courses, where they try to make it as cut-throat and challenging as possible, but there are a select few who in fact try to establish relationships with their students.

Rose

unfortunately they are very accurate.

n/a

Ryan

As I said, we don't really have stereotypes. The description I gave above is pretty accurate, otherwise I wouldn't have written it :P

Laurel

For the most part

Jeremy

For the most part. I mean, there are always exceptions, and mostly everyone is friendly and down to earth. However, these stereotypes come through because the student body feeds into them and supports them. Also, 'unofficial' cliques form, but you can't prevent that.