University of Rochester

« See more reviews of University of Rochester

My classmates were great. While most of my friends came from outside of my classes, I always felt a part of the class. My classes were small enough that you knew everyone on a first name basis by about the third week, and often you got to know some better than others through project or similar research interests.

Fairly nerdy but social and friendly. There is some racial diversity, lots of Asians, Indians and some African Americans. They are more noticeable around campus than in classes. Most people are either liberal or Libertarians. Everyone I've met has been up for friendly debate about issues and are socially aware.

Lots of people from wide walks of life. Lots of asians-but that comes with the territory! I've enjoyed meeting people from all over, and enough people from NYS for it to still feel somewhat local. A good mix on those fronts.

Passionate about academics, but know how to have fun. Students are especially interested in (and talented at) performances arts like music, dance, improv, theater, and studio arts. We're also a culturally diverse campus.

My classmates are all very different, some are asina, others are white, black, hispanic, but that is what makes my school the addition of all of these different people. My classmates are what make this school what it is.

My classmates are incredibly multi-talented individuals - athletically, artistically, and intellectually - with strong opinions, varied interests, and real desires to learn.

My classmates are diverse in their backgrounds, ways of learning and their language; no one person at my school is the same and that's what I sincerely like most about it.

My classmates are genuinely interested in academic topics half the time, sometimes stressed out, and ready to hang out and have fun the rest of the time.

My classmates are a very concerned group, always putting in effort to set up a foundation for their future.

My classmates are bright, talented, and successful individuals, some of which are still my closest friends!