University of Rochester

« See more reviews of University of Rochester

Rochester has a great community. If you're considering coming here, visit. Do an overnight stay. That was my deciding factor. The people are really friendly and helpful- people will hold doors for you if you have your hands full, will help you out with studying if you ask, etc. I can't really picture myself anywhere else. Everyone talks about the winters, but it really is a gorgeous campus, even in the snow. Honestly, it is hard work, but if you can get in, then you can probably handle it.

The University of Rochester is a beautiful school with a unique curriculum. The open curriculum allows students to explore all areas of their interest. Coming from high-school, many college students are undecided and unsure of a field they want to persue. The University of Rochester encourages exploration, and you will often find that students have multiple majors and minors. Each program is strong and the academic support on campus is strong.

College is about finding yourself. UR definitely helps that process, although not the biggest or craziest of places. UR is a very great place, but its not for everyone and that is ok. If you find out its not for you, move on. But one thing or suggestion to anyone considering UR or any college,, is if possible, stick out at least a year, you wont believe what a different a year makes. HAVE FUN, I'M HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE., YOU SHOULD TOO

I'll be sad to leave in May but as the administration keeps cracking down on the party scene there won't be much left. It's cold. Colder and snowier than anything you could imagine. If you haven't lived this far north you are in for a surprise. Buy boots, scarves and a good winter coat. People wear uggs for a reason here. I've known girls who went out with their cute heels on and came home with frostbite.

The diversity at my school and open curriculum is unique at my school. There are a variety of enthicities on campus including faculty members who work for the university. As far as open curriculum there is only one class that a student is required to take all four years of undergrad, most of the other schools had many required classes.

There was a flexible curriculum allowing you to take classes you were interested in rather than required courses. The campus was beautiful also isolated from the city with beautiful scenery and bike trails and a river for the crew team. Yet the campus was a short distance from the city's best attractions.

Administration seems to be trying to take the fun away from people as of late. Recently our end of year festival called "D-Day" was canceled due to a incidents in the past. Greek organizations are also receiving unfair, biased treatment, again based on past offenses that are no longer an issue.

There is much cultural and racial diversity at my school, and it is definitely an academically-based school. Getting good grades is important, which sometimes limits social free time. Athletics are somewhat put in the background, but school spirit is still very much alive on campus.

Its much snowier, has better research opportunities, and the campus is an awesome balance of quirky, intellectual and fun people. Also it was a better middle size, not a tiny liberal arts college, but small enough that you don't get lost in a sea of other students.

When u are considering this school you have to understand that its not a social school, its very quiet, and if thats what ur interested in great, but if u think that u would possibly want to party, this really isnt the school for u.