University of Rochester

« See more reviews of University of Rochester

Spend a day or two at the colleges you are considering and also consider the area around the campus. Be as engaged as you can, talk to professors and campus leaders, get involved, and explore your college community too.

You need to visit the college in person, and already have an idea of what you want to major in (or something realistic for undecided), in order to pick the school right for you.

stay overnight on a thursday and friday. that way you get to sit in on classes on friday and get a feel for the academic life, and see what nightlife is like on friday night.

Do your homework, find out what colleges fit what you expect college to be and are strong in fields you want to major in. After that go visit them.

Don't let people frighten you with tales of how hard college is. They like to exaggerate. There is no reason not to do a music major as well.

I would give myself advice to study a lot more, try for even more scholarships, and also to be much more active in my highschool year.

Make the students own their decisions about where they are going to school, both financially and academically.

Choose a college based on what you think of it, and not what everyone else says about it

Talk to kids at the school who dont work for admissions. And meet upperclassmen.

Think about how much debt you'll be in vs. how much your career will pay you.