University of Rochester Top Questions

Ling

I wish I had known more about myself and what I needed to do. About the school, I wish I'd known that its Studio Arts department does not teach traditional art technique. Visual arts are small at this school and taught more abstractly. Wish I'd known that Environmental Sciences are within the same department as Geology. Wish I'd known that Environmental Studies is much less structured and therefore less favorable than Environmental Science. I wish Environmental Studies wasn't even an option.

Devine

I wish I knew the size of the school then before attending.

Jalon

Extent of opportunities for my particular field of interest and also the quality of surrounding city

Calvin

Before attending college, I wish I had been told that every obstacle in college is a challenge to prepare and strengthen me for life after college. A student who does not experience academic or social obstacles will not get the most out of college. Overcoming obstacles is an essential experience that one needs to experience in life in order to develop personally and mentally.

Donna

I wish I had known that it was an incredibly religious school; however, the people here are quite tolerant of learning about religions that they do not know about.

Jillian

I wish I would've known how hard it would be to get off campus because at times the transportation was unreliable and I just had too much work to do to even think about going off of campus.

Arielle

The social life revolves mostly around Greek life.

Sasami

That it gets so hot in Rochester, NY near and during summer time.

Claudia

I wish I would have known more about how much time is spent doing schoolwork. It varies from one major to the next--my major, political science, has a lot more reading than I anticipated.

Andrea

Being involved makes life a lot more fun and helps you meet people Don't live with someone with a different sleep schedule than you. I go to bed at the same time my roommate wakes up!