University of San Diego Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Madelyn

As a freshman, I really only went out on the weekends. There are a lot of open house parties that my friends and I would attend on Friday and Saturday nights. Most of the "night life" takes place down on Mission Beach, where tons of USD students reside. If you're looking for a party, Mission Beach is the place to be. Once you turn 21, Mission Beach bars are the place to be on a Thursday night. Pacific Beach and Downtown San Diego are really fun options as well. A lot of downtown clubs are 18+ and offer the club scene if that's what you're looking for. During the day, a lot of people shop at Fashion Valley, which is an outside mall just a few miles away from the campus. It's filled with expensive boutiques like Michael Kors and Louis Vutton, but also has your regular shops like Macy's and Nordstrom's. We also like to hit up the beach when the weather is nice! There are tons of things to do down at the boardwalk, but I especially enjoy riding bikes. Other fun things to check out: 1. Sea World 2. Balboa Park (museums, etc) 3. San Diego Zoo 4. Kayaking in the bay 5. Visiting the navy ships in the harbor 6. Golfing :) 7. GREAT MEXICAN FOOD.