University of Scranton

« See more reviews of University of Scranton

Apply to the schools that interest you most. After you have been accepted, make sure you visit each and every school and choose the one that not only offers you the best education but makes you feel the most at home. Without a feeling of home, which in turn equals a feeling of safety and security, you will not be able to succeed or do well academically.

I would say to parents to not pressure their kids into a certain school just because of money. Ultimately, I'd say that even if the school is more money, to let your kid go to it if he/she will be more happy there. Also, do not procrastinate or get nervous. Both parents and children are nervous at this time, so tempers may rise. Just keep your cool.

Start researching early. There are many schools out there and there is a school for everyone. As well, academics are important but not if they are going to be cut throat. College is also about learning who you are and about other people. Being able to be in activities and growing new friendships are important as well.

I would tell them that they need to look for a college that is a good fit for them and that they are a good fit for. In other words look for the college that will get you what you want for your future career and that you feel good enough about to give your all to so that you will be successful in your education.

Don't worry too much about if you've found the "perfect school." I always heard about people who walked onto a campus and "knew" this was the school for them. That never happened for me, but I am completely happy at the school I chose. Just come to school ready to love it - it's much easier to be happy that way.

Advice I would give parents and/or students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is, to make sure you make your decisions based on your gut instinct and first choice. And to ensure that you have an enjoyable experience get as involved in school activities as possible.

Try not to worry about new things. Having to learn an entirely new routine is difficult and can be stressful. It is important to take things one step at a time and relax. Try to live in the moment and enjoy the experience for what it is worth because like high school, college will go by fast.

Find a college financially rounded where you will be comfortable. When you find what your interested in, hold onto it and fullfill your dream. There is nothing more rewarding than finding your passion in life. Choosing the best school will complete this dream for you so choose wisely.

That college is completey different and the better you do in high school the more prepared you are in college. I would have told myself to take more ap classes so I can get more college credits and learn better study habits for the sheer fact that college is all about studying.

You really need to visit the schools. The pamphlets and pictures do not give you an accurate representation about the culture of the school. Its not the end of the world if you do not get into your first choice, theres a school out there that is a good fit for everyone.