University of South Alabama

« See more reviews of University of South Alabama

There is no better word to describe South students other than 'Diverse.' Students from many different cultures and backgrounds are in attendance at South. Several years ago the school could primarily be described as a commuter type of school, but this dogma has disappeared as is evident in the recently constructed campus cafeteria, recreation center, apartment buildings/on campus housing, and Greek housing. In a walk across campus you may find students peacefully protesting the deforestation of trees by swinging in hammocks, marching with meticulous precision during ROTC classes, studying flowers outside in botany classes, throwing disc golf frisbees into the pond, wading in the swamp to catch bugs in environmental classes, being taught literature under a shade tree, shooting azimuths in engineering classes, and your normal, diverse student walking to class.

Most student are here for one reason and one reason only. And that is to get and education and then get the heck out. Which creates a school that lacks a social life, which makes the college semi-uninteresting to student coming from out of town. You most certainly can find the exuberant school-spirited students in the lot, but it's definitely not the majority of the student body. The attendance to athletic events lacks from the students, I have seen it in any sport that I've gone to watch, although our I have seen an increase in attendance to our new football team's games. Having the lack of social life makes the student body very friendly when it comes to academics. I have never felt so welcomed when it comes the point when I need help on a subject. Most students won't think twice when you ask them for assistance and will enjoy giving the help.

The atmosphere at South is very diverse. There are students from all over the world, in addition to all over the country. There are people of many different races, religions, financial background, etc. There are many different personalities, also. Some students show up to class in their pajamas, some in jeans and v-necks, and some in business attire. Almost everyone you meet is friendly. Going back to the residence area, however, there is a small problem with the loud, music-blaring, thug-types that is beginning to compromise the learning environment in that area. I do believe that it won't be a problem for long, though, because the students here are determined, and like to start petitions for things like this.

The USA student body is over 40,000 students strong and is moderately diverse. There always seems to be a new group promoting cultural awareness on campus. The cultural awareness groups are interesting and are worth checking out. Some of them offer a chance to learn a new language and explore new cultures and religions. There are also various political clubs as well. Perhaps we lean more toward moderate liberal or independent, but if you have a point, we should be willing to hear it.

The students at South are very diverse, even down to the fraternities and sororities. There is a wide range of international students. Majority of the campus is very kind and friendly when it comes to accepting such diversity. Here at South, we accept differences, rather than rejecting them.

South Alabama is extremely diverse. We have students from all over the world. We have many from Saudi Arabia who have come here for their education. I have learned new things about the different cultures because our school is so diverse.

Very diverse. We have people from all over the world! We have lots of religious groups and clubs for students to join! When you come to south, you will never find yourself not knowing someone from overseas or who is in this or that club!

Because I am in a more demanding field, my classmates tend to be harder workers and serious about their success. In my experience, they are all vry friendly, and we all try to help each other out in order to make it through the classes.

Our classes are a great size, even the freshmen classes, so you get to know almost everyone in there. Everyone is very friendly and outgoing. You feel very welcome and accepted here.

One of the most valuable attributions of this school was the caliber of diversity within the classroom; making the classroom setting all the more interesting and engaging.